Wednesday, April 9, 2014

New glasses?

I got up between 7 and 8, a little later than usual. I deleted the first round of e-mail, then started reading and listening. I made some dandelion tea. I finished all my pre-breakfast activities by 9:30, including practicing the Easter hymns. It felt good to have all of that out of the way. About 10 I stopped to make juice. I found an organic eggplant at Publix, so I tried throwing in a piece. It was not good. I added 'eggplant' to my do-not-juice list. Then I fixed breakfast. After breakfast, I was reading e-mail and found an article about how watching people eat on TV is increasingly popular in Korea, especially in one-person households. I got a call that my new glasses were ready to be picked up. I made up a week's worth of supplements, and identified those that needed reordering. I laid out in the sun until it went behind a cloud. I like it hot, but the sun was only warm. I took a shower. The water wasn't draining properly, so I plunged the drain. It brought up icky stuff which I tried to wipe up.
After getting dressed, I searched online for locker caddy pattern. I planted the tomato seedlings in the flowerbox so I could bring them in at night if necessary. I planted more pea seeds in the garden. I picked up glasses at the office. I could see fine right away, which was suspicious because the doctor told me it would take me 2 weeks to get used to them.   What if these are the same lenses?  I read e-mail, then decided to test my glasses by sewing. I put some scraps together in blocks. Then I gathered the recyclables together and put them where I will hopefully see them tomorrow to put out at the street. I picked some dandelion and wild lettuce to add to my salad for supper. I packed up my trombone and headed for church. I saw a person wearing aGuy Fawkes mask walking down the street. I got to church in time to talk to several people before practice started. After practicing with the choir, I practiced my trombone piece with the organist. I went home and brought the tomatoes in, just in case. I skimmed my way through a long audio. I was interrupted by unexplained fireworks to the west. Is today a holiday of some sort? After the audio, it was time to go to bed.
*  Flowering kale.  Sadly the flowers taste like kale, too.  *

No comments: