Sunday, April 6, 2014

Zipper quilts for Linus

I got up about 7. I was reading e-mail and listening to audios passing the time until church, when I realized that I could be spending my extra time sewing. Accordingly, I got serious, completed my morning routine, took a shower and got dressed, and then it was time to leave. So much for sewing. I got to church in time to warm up with the choir. I spoke to Mary about the piece on Palm Sunday. The service went well, as did the anthem (except for the low a's ). After the service, when I shook hands with the pastor, he asked about Chris so I told him where Chris had gone. From the church, I drove to the Publix a block beyond. I changed into comfortable shoes. This store turned out not to be as nice as the one we usually go to. The lighting was dim and the organic veggies were not all in one place. Still, I bought quite a few and the total was less than $100. They did not have boxes of coconut water. When I got home, I changed my clothes and put the groceries away. I listened to part of an interview that was going to be taken down at 3. I ate lunch, then cut some strips for the next Linus quilt. I rolled my sewing cart out to the car and drove to the corner church. Everyone was already there, in full swing. They were making their quilts one piece at a time. I sewed my strips together and cross-cut, which gave me the same effect, but not as scrappy. Still, I was not able to finish in time to show it off. This is someone else's quilt top. Before Bertha left, I asked her to take a splinter out of my thumb.  But she needed a tweezers rather than a needle.  We cleaned up and were out by 5. When I got home, I checked the garden. Sure enough, something had been digging up the dead fish. A few fish were lying on top of the ground. I used a shovel to add more soil to the spot, then put the wheelbarrow upside down over it. I will check in the morning to see if it worked. I opened my rainwater containers because I felt a few drops. I finished the audio and ate some leftover beef and sweet potatoes. I put my trombone case by my choir folder to remind me to take it on Wednesday night. I did some serious tapping inspired by the audio. That made me sleepy, so I laid down and fell asleep. When I got up, it was 11 and raining. I got an e-mail from Chris that he started a flicker page to post pictures of Kwajalein. I wrote to my blog and tried to go back to sleep.

No comments: