Monday, April 28, 2014

Things are getting brighter

I woke up at 7:30. I checked my e-mail, and brought in some rainwater. I got an e-mail from Kurt that he and Faye were on their way. I listened to an audio while exercising and brushing. I put the boiled underwear in the dryer. i put all the items back in my purse. I cut up onions with vegetable broth and put it all in the crockpot. I made and ate the first part of breakfast, and packed a lunch. I packed my sewing box with the two largest pieces of fabric to iron.  Chris' boss called to see how I was doing.   I loaded my car and drove to the church. There were only 4 of us. They told me the news was predicting a terrible storm for the afternoon. Well, we stayed until two. I got my fabric ironed on their large rectangular ironing board, and tried drawing out a border piece for sri yantra. When I got home, I finished breakfast, took my supplements, checked e-mail, I laid out in the sun, then mowed in the front yard, all while wondering what the big deal is about the storm. The postman delivered Netflix and a box of fermented cod liver oil. I called Kurt to see where they were. I pulled up some wild onions and garlic to add to the soup. I did a little decluttering. I listened to the tornado sirens. Finally they arrived at 6:15. We adjusted some items in the third bay of the carport so Faye's car could be protected from the storm. Kurt moved Chris' car back to a more protected spot. Faye and Kurt replaced two light bulbs in the den. Then Kurt showed me pictures of his coin collection, so I got out mine. He spent a long time going through it while Faye amused herself on the piano. We listened to the sirens again. I drybrushed Faye's hands to see if that would help with the swelling. I left them talking while I posted to my blog for yesterday and today.

No comments: