Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Sew what?

I got up at 6:15. I played an audio while exercising and brushing and doing range of motion stuff. I brought in rainwater and Faye got up while I was processing it. We discussed possible activities for the day. When Kurt got up, Faye made him eggs for breakfast and I juiced veggies, then had my regular breakfast. Kevin skyped us to see if we were safe from bad weather. Around noon Kurt drove us in Chris' car to post to check mail, but post was closed. Then we proceeded to the Asian store for kimbap. Kurt drove to the empty parking lot next door and I drove around it, and then back to the busier lot. We had to consume some of the kimbap to fortify ourselves for the task. Finally I drove out, heading for Publix. I did rather well until making the left turn into the shopping center. The car stalled in front of oncoming traffic (which thankfully had a red light). The car in back of me blew its horn. I had trouble restarting the car. I rode the clutch through the intersection onto the road but had to pull the parking brake to let Kurt drive. As we were shopping in Publix, Kurt told me he thought the car wouldn't start because I was actually in third gear. From Publix, Kurt drove us to Books a Million, and then to Costco. We did not find what we were looking for. When we got back, I found a lot of mail in our box, and all but one piece went into recycling. We put the groceries away. I was tired, so laid on the couch listening to an audio by Jane Goodall. Then Faye and I went downstairs to pin fit two of her dresses. She did her own sewing while I finished ironing all the fabric from Paducah. Then we made a locker organizer with 8 pockets for Faye to use at work. Kurt joined us and found my fancy non-working calculator. Even with new batteries, he could not get it to work. We went upstairs for supper. Kurt downloaded at least one app to my tablet. Faye played Words with Friends on hers. We made popcorn and went downstairs to watch “The Kings Speech”. It was pretty good. Then I came up to post to my blog and go to bed.
*  Faye took this picture while I was working on her locker organizer  *

No comments: