Saturday, April 19, 2014

Math problem

It was 6:55 when I got to the microwave to read the time. I checked my e-mail, and swished with coconut oil. I listened to audios while I exercised, brushed, and juiced leftover vegetables. I did the 20 minuted meditation by Oprah and Deepak. I ate some sprouts and did the 12 minute meditation by Ariana Huffington. While I was lost in silence, an equation popped into my head. It was a2 + b2 = c2, otherwise known as the Pythagorean Theorem. It is only for right triangles and I wondered if there was a similar one for other angles. Specifically, is there an angle associated with a2 + b2 = 2 c2? I dressed for practice, and got lost working the problem on paper. Then I was late getting started for the church. I posed the problem to the trumpet player who is a retired math teacher. Jennifer practiced the hymns with us (lower brass trio). Actually we practiced with both Jennifers. I left my trombone and its stand and choir music there. When I got home, I made two breakfasts and ate one while listening to Day 5 of the Feng Shui series. Because it was sunny, I clipped monkey grass, and planted the tomatoes. Some of them are over the buried fish. I pulled up wild onions and crushed them to mask the smell of the dead fish so nothing will dig them up. I covered them with leaves as mulch. I pulled up treelings trying to grow amongst the black-eyed susans. I uprooted some susan's too. Then I started the laundry, and read e-mail. A friend sent me a link to a home video of the atoll of Kwajalein. That was interesting and then I followed other links to videos about the place. It is smaller than I thought, and I wasn't expecting to see so much grass, or bus stops. Before the laundry was done, I took the Netflix movie “ Mrs. Brown” downstairs to watch. I was in the mood to relax and be entertained. However, it was not as relaxing as I hoped because the people spoke with accents and there were no subtitles. I would have watched the entire movie with subtitles if it had them. When it was over, I came up to check e-mail and get the dishwasher started. I brought up the laundry, folded it, and put most of it away. A few things needed to dry just a touch more. I tried to get some help with the math problem from the internet, then I did some tapping because I committed to doing an hour a day. Finally it was 10pm and time to go to bed. I set my phone alarm for 6:30 because I have to get up early to play for church tomorrow.
*  This quilt was shown at the guild meeting.  *

No comments: