Thursday, April 17, 2014

Guild gone long

I got up at 7:45 feeling like I'd been kicked in the head. I tapped, and I drank a lot of water. The morning unfolded slowly. I read e-mail.  I got one from Michele which greatly relieved me. Other e-mails had links that did not want to work and the laptop would get caught in loops. Finally I decided to play an audio with the tablet. It wanted to update, but I told it 'no' since updating seems to be what caused all the problems with the laptop. I put the tomatoes out when the temp reached 50. I completed my routine while listening to the tablet. The cucumber that I juiced was so big that it made 2 cups of juice all by itself. I also picked up here and there in case someone comes over to help me change the sheets. I showered. I took a saucer downstairs to draw new corners on the pillow cover. Then I took my stack of four-patches and the pillow and sewing stuff and off I went. When I arrived, there were only about 6 ladies and two left to pick up lunch. I set up my machine. I worked on the pillow cover first. I had to make tucks in the corners so they would fit. The other ladies said that was acceptable, so I considered it finished. Then I sewed my four-patches into sixteen-patches. People left early, but Pat and I waited for Christie to arrive because she had a key. When I left, Pat followed me home. She helped me change the sheets on the bed. We talked for awhile and she was impressed with my fabric collection. After she left, I turned my attention to e-mail. My laptop software (Windows) was so slow it was agonizing. Slow as in 'give it a command and go make a sandwich while it figures out what to do and how to do it'. I don't eat sandwiches so I made breakfast and ate most of it. Then I went outside to lay in the sun. Then I mowed the backyard and inside the fence. I ate a piece of fish. I finished the day 4 audio on Feng Shui. I made up the next week's worth of supplements. I started an audio on the tablet, then changed my clothes and brushed my teeth. I practiced my hymns for Easter. Then I gathered my guild night stuff and headed to the meeting. Elaine parked beside me in the lot, so I asked if I could see her quilt book, and she lent it to me. I dropped off my strips and the quilt top. I sat at the end of a row so I could get up during the meeting to collate strips. But when I did get up, Debbie had already done it. Denise came and sat with me. There were a lot of announcements and I needed notepaper to keep track of them all. The program portion of the meeting was a lady explaining all the signatures on a quilt she made to raise money for a Huntsville landmark. There were signatures from presidents, movie stars, authors, scientists, supreme court justices, nobel prize winners,generals, etc. The list was VERY long and the PA system was VERY loud. At 9pn I had had enough and ducked out. I was not the first by any stretch. Sadly I forgot to pick up my strips. But I had such a headache that I did not go back. When I got home I was going to read e-mail, but was not up to fighting with the computer. So I decided to post to my blog, then tap and go to bed.

No comments: