Friday, April 4, 2014

Comfy quilt day

I got up at 7:30 to get dressed and collect rainwater. It was not as much as I had hoped for. I ran it through the coffee maker and the Brita. I completed my usual morning activities. I packed a lunch and took my sewing stuff to the car. I drove to the Whitesburg church. There were not that many ladies sewing. It was a special day to work on comfy quilts for the large local guild. The block of the day was a large halfsquare triangle. I spent most of the day drawing the diagonal line for someone else to sew. Then I started searching through the piles of fabric for ones that complemented the squares someone else had cut for me. I ran home for a 12.5 inch ruler. We broke for lunch when it was delivered. The subject of conversation was situations where they had been confronted by strange men. I did NOT need to hear these stories. After lunch, I continued to cut, draw and pair squares. The sewing ladies turned from sewing squares to putting the blocks together. So then I sewed the squares I had prepared. As they left, one by one, I also had to press and trim. I stopped at 4 when the piles of fabric were carried out. Only one top had been completed, but we had enough squares for two more.   Soon it was just Jodi and me. She let me tap with her. Then we went home. When I got home, I read e-mail, and ate a sweet potato, and cooked up the ground beef. I stacked the dishwasher. I listened to an audio while working on binding. I cut the corners off of the fabrics I bought. I sorted it into light and dark piles, added regular laundry, and started washing. I practiced my trombone for Palm Sunday and Easter. I wrote a check for church. After the last load washed, I ran the dishwasher. I listened to one last audio and went to bed.
A word about the ants: they are exhibiting an unusual behavior. They appear to be drinking the poison, but are unaffected by it. When I check on them, they scatter, then come back later.

No comments: