Monday, April 7, 2014

Rain, rain, everywhere, even in the freezer

Last night I brought in some of the rainwater that collected in the tubs and ran it through a coffee filter. I put it in jars in the fridge. So it was quite late (or early) when I went to bed. I had some trouble getting to sleep. I was wondering if I should put out more containers since I don't know when it will rain again. Eventually I slept and was able to get up a little after 7. I quickly deleted the e-mails that I knew I wouldn't read. I put the Netflix movie in the mailbox. It's door was hanging open and was wet inside. Then I brought in the rest of the rainwater. There was at least 5 inches in the tubs. It was too heavy to bring in all at once. I was glad I did not put out more containers. I began the slow process of filtering it into jars, then running it through the coffee maker, and then the Brita. Some of the jars were put in the freezer. I exercised, drybrushed, juiced, and made breakfast, all during a long audio. I packed my lunch. My sewing stuff was already in the car from yesterday. I checked the basement, and saw that the towel was wet, but not very. I checked the garden around the wheelbarrow, too. There was a mess like something barfed up fish guts. Soon after I arrived at the church, lunch was delivered. I was not ready to eat so soon. Cakes were brought for those who were born in April. I heard they were very, very good. Carolyn took the splinter out of my thumb. Joan wanted some water, so I offered her some of mine.  She asked what kind of water it was.  I wondered why, but I told her it was rain water.  She drank some and said it tasted fine.  I worked on the green zipper quilt from yesterday and made a blue one from strips I had brought with me. Lauri and I worked until 6. When I got home, I checked the mailbox for mail. I realized that I hadn't eaten lunch, so I finished breakfast and ate my lunch for supper. I spent the evening listening to audios. I found a box on front porch which contained my maca order. I practiced my trombone. I am trying to strengthen my lips because I will have to play 18 verses (three hymns, two services) on Easter. I heard cracking noises. I was bothered and bewildered, but finally looked in the freezer to find that most of the jars had cracked badly, Even the ones without lids. So I put the jars in a plastic tub to melt. Then I can clean up the glass and throw it out. I did a meditation and some tapping, and will go to bed soon.
*  This is my blue version of the zipper quilt  *

No comments: