Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A day of Sudoku

I got up at 7 and drank two glasses of water, then turned on the router so I could read e-mail. I tapped for the frustration that I am not at home mowing the lawn and tending the garden. I said a prayer for my houseplants. I did a load of laundry so I would have a pair of shorts to wear. Then I sat outside in the sun doing the killer Sukokus. When the laundry was dry, I folded it and took a shower. I did more Sudoku. I ate my last two eggs for breakfast at lunchtime. No more chick surprise. I read e-mail, and got it down to 60 unread. That is progress. At 4 I took my empty kimchi jar and walked to the Korean convenience store to buy a full jar. I indicated that I liked it sour and she told me to leave it out for a day. Then she gave me a small plastic container with sour kimchi in it. I opened it and tasted a piece. She said “You eat now” and she took me behind the counter and got out a very large spoonful of rice from her fridge so I could eat it with the kimchi. She tried to microwave the rice, but I asked her not to. Then she went to help a customer. I wasn't sure what the polite thing to do was, so I ate some rice and kimchi, and then put some of the rice in the kimchi container. Knowing Cecily was making supper, I could not eat it all. I thanked her and walked back. I told Cecily the story and she laughed. We talked as she made supper. Al grilled a pork loin. We ate supper and watched Jeopardy. Al's package did not arrive by 8 as it was supposed to. Cecily and I packed our suitcases. I made up my last breakfast for tomorrow so the food box could go in the car. Then I got on my laptop to delay the mail another day, and check for e-mail from my husband. I plugged in my electronic devices to recharge, esp. the tablet in case we get lost.  I watched some NCIS with Alfred, then went to bed.

No comments: