Saturday, May 10, 2014

Making a difference

I got up before 9. I turned on my tablet to get the time, and ended up playing 2048. I stopped at 9:06, went out to greet Mom. I fed her pills and Ensure, then changed her shirt from long sleeves to short sleeves, and put her in a pair of coolots. I told Dad we needed to run a fan. I exercised, and juiced, making enough for all of us, using up all the old veggies. Alfred called to say they would rather fly me home. I needed time to wrap my brain around that idea. I made 4 breakfasts, not knowing if I would need all four. Mom said she had to go to the bathroom and it took two of us to clean her up. Then I took Mom outside and read to her. We came in when the rain started. I filled a garbage bag with some of the expired food, picking the most likely to grow moths. It went into the garbage can. Then I cleaned the countertop by the breadbox. It looks better and there is a little more space. Dad was sleeping so I made some command decisions on what should go. Then I rearranged pots and pans under the countertop, moving rarely used items to the back and needed items up front.  I finally felt like I had made a difference.  I cooked a pot of rice for Dad. Mom was ready to go to bed early, so we took her to the bathroom for her bath. I put on my bathing suit like last week and sprayed her down in the tub, then soaped her up, and rinsed her off. Dad held her up and helped her out. I dressed her for bed, brushed her teeth and put on her splints. Dad placed her in bed, and I tried to find her favorite radio station. Then Dad and I sat at the kitchen table to write cards and checks. He ate rice while I wrote the checks. We finished after 10 and he started on his Saturday night checklist. 
*  This is the quilt block I made for Annual Conference.  I was hoping to get a second, more elaborate block made, but there were more important things to do. *

No comments: