Thursday, May 15, 2014

Coming home and sew on

I woke up at 7:15. I read e-mail, and did my exercises. I woke Cecily at 8 and took a shower. We went to the breakfast room at the hotel. I got an orange which I took back to the room to eat with my leftover breakfast from yesterday. I packed, then brought up the rolling trolley to load our stuff. Cecily watched the weather channel to see what was ahead. By 9 we were on the road. I read the GPS aloud to Cecily as she drove. We stopped at a Subway west of Chattanooga for lunch. On a whim, I pulled out my tablet to e-mail Faye, and it connected to their wi-fi instantly. Cecily thought she would like to be able to do that. Then we drove on into Huntsville. When we got to the house, I could see that the lawn needed mowing and there was a new mailbox, but not a new pole. The old pole was covered by a bush that must have grown there after I left for Virginia. After we unpacked the car, I watered the houseplants, which looked amazingly good for going two weeks without water. I unpacked the food box and put out a dish of nuts to soak until tomorrow. I brought in the mail and separated it. I checked my garden and saw that everything had grown exponentially except the spinach. We took Cecily's car to post for that mail. There was not as much as I expected. I wrote the amounts and due dates on the envelopes while Cecily put gas in her car. Then we stopped at Kroger for groceries. They did not have much in the way of organic greens. I got just enough food to last me until Sunday. When we got back, I turned on my desktop so Cecily could send e-mail, and play Freecell. She lost a game and ruined my perfect record. I e-mailed Chris about the bills. I put on my suit and laid in the sun. Clouds kept interrupting so I did not stay out long. I redressed, and checked my e-mail to see what was due at guild meeting tonight. I wanted to enter the challenge, but there was too little time left. I went into the basement to cut strips and make 2 blocks. I asked Cecily for her purse so I could re-sew one of the corners. After finishing, I ate some kimchi, chicken, and a kiwi. Then I got out the lawn mower and used it in the front yard. I did not get as far as I usually do because the long grass wore out the battery more quickly. Cecily made herself a salad for supper. I checked e-mail one last time, then went to the guild meeting. When I got there, I realized that I had forgotten to bring a tab-top can and a fat quarter. Oh, well, at least I brought strips and blocks. During the business part of the meeting, I sorted all the donated strips and mixed them up. I took mine back to my seat. The program portion of the meeting was 4 talks by longarm quilters. They talked about how they got into the business and some things the rest of us should keep in mind. The quilts they held up were beautiful, but I could not see the quilting from where I sat. After the meeting, I talked to Rebecca. She asked why I did not bring my mother-in-law to the meeting and I had no response. It literally did not occur to me to ask her, but she might have enjoyed it. Then again, Cecily was asleep when I got home. I let myself in, and proceeded to check e-mail and listen to one last thyroid audio. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.
*  from the guild meeting  *

No comments: