Friday, May 30, 2014

And the day started out so well...

I got up at 7:30, tempted to wait until 8 to hear the alarm go off. I gathered the recyclables together and sorted them into bags. I put them in the recycle bucket and took it out to the street. I put the Netflix movie in the mail. On the way back I checked the garden. The tomato plants are growing like gangbusters and I wish I had planted them farther apart. There are tomato plants growing in the compost pile. I picked up four more green apples. I read more e-mail, watching men do one arm handstands and pushups on Youtube. I turned the phone's snooze feature off permanently because it kept coming back on. I put on a video on detoxing esp. for cancer, and watched it while exercising, drybrushing, etc. I juiced, meditated, and ate breakfast. I took notes on the video. Skype indicated that I got a message from Michele, but when I clicked on her name, there was no message. I figured it had something to do with tomorrow being her birthday so I texted her “Happy Birthday”. I went outside to make mineral water and pour it on the tomatoes. I also picked up all the bush clippings. I used the wheelbarrow to get them to the road. Then I started thinning the irises. I filled the wheelbarrow. I filled a plant tray with dirt from the driveway where the leaves collect. I mixed in some horse/chicken manure. I planted salad greens in it and propped it up for better drainage. I set it where it will get some early sun but mostly shade during the hottest part of the day. When I came in, I posted to Freecycle that I had irises to give away. I took some niacin and laid in the sun. When I came in, there were Freecycle messages in my inbox. I called one and she said she'd be right over. I started mowing the lawn to sweat more. She arrived about 3:30. She brought laundry baskets to carry the plants in. We sorted through them, picking the most likely ones. She said she needed some color in her life, so I also dug up some morning glories, a marigold, a four o'clock and some garlic. Then she told me her sad story. I tapped for her behind my back. After she left, I checked e-mail and posted to Freecycle that the irises were gone. I took 5 charcoal tablets to clear the toxins that the niacin liberated from my cells. Then I got on the desktop computer to draw a parabola and the related geometry and make a quilt block out of it. My cursor was somewhere off to the right when a bunch of purple dots showed up. Beside one dot was written “Looks like I am going to Honduras”. I clicked over to the e-mail screen and there was a message from Chris to me and his extended family about getting the job in Honduras. I was stunned. And then I sobbed. And I tapped. My reply wasn't nice. I tapped furiously and closed windows so the neighbors wouldn't hear me. Chris wrote back, uncertain why I was upset. We traded some e-mails. I tried to eat, but I had no appetite, not even for weeds. I watched part of a video on how to eat to avoid cancer. The tapping must have helped. I stayed up, alternately watching the video and checking for responses from Chris. Then I remembered to run the dishwasher. At 11 I paused the video and went to bed.
*  Raised bed for growing salad greens  *

No comments: