Tuesday, May 6, 2014

It's the little things that count

I got up a little after 8. Mom was waiting for her Fosamax. I am not in favor of it, but … So I gave it to her and some water, but she very quickly became unable to swallow. I did my exercises, and made veggie juice. I had two glasses, Dad had one and Mom got a spoonful. I then gave her an Ensure, which after a while went down really well. So Dad gave me her pills. She swallowed one and that was it. It was so frustrating. I made and ate my breakfast, then tried to give her pills again. I washed my hair and got dressed. Somehow drybrushing got left out. I checked my phone and there was a missed call so I googled the number to see if it was a telemarketer and it appeared to be a personal number but Spokeo would not tell me who unless I paid them money. I guess if it was important, they would have left a message. Because I was on the computer, I took a moment to check e-mail. There were over 200 unread. I tried to feed Mom again, and she took a few more pills. There was a black cat on TV which reminded me of a black cat I saw on our walk yesterday. We crossed its path so I wonder if it will have bad luck? Anyway, as long as she wasn't swallowing, I decided to take her for a walk. Dad put the foot rests on the wheelchair, and away we went. We took a longer route than yesterday, but still it did not seem to take long. Dad and I talked in the kitchen then, while Mom enjoyed the fresh air. Then I brought her inside to finish a bottle of Ensure. Kevin arrived just after 2 with cooked chicken breast. Then I sat out on the porch with Mom and checked my e-mail. I fed her an Ensure, then took her to the bathroom. Due to the sudden onset of female troubles, I had to put on a pair of her disposable underwear. Kevin brought me a glass of fresh cruciferous juice. I had a taste and fed the rest to Mom. Then she was done in the bathroom and I brought her out to the den where Dad was watching TV. I went outside to rescue my laptop which had run out of battery power. Apparently that outlet is not powered. Mom asked for her sweet potato to be put in water to sprout. I listened to an audio, then got out of Kevin's way so he could clean. When he was done, he chatted with us, I wrote him a check, and then he went home. I got to talk to William for awhile. Dad was busy with his Lotus program. He agreed that the curling rug in the foyer was not needed, so I rolled it up and William put it in the shed. After he left, Dad and I agreed that it was time for supper. I fed Mom one last Ensure and her night pills. I put the kale in water to perk up. I ate an egg, and some cheese. I put some of the Dr. Fuhrmans vegizest in a shaker and Dad labeled it. I put some on my veggie casserole, then used some nori to make wraps with it. I did not notice the taste of the vegizest. I checked e-mail while Dad continued to eat. Mom asked to go to bed, so I took her to the bathroom and got her ready for bed. She chose clothes for tomorrow. Dad put her in the bed and I said goodnight to her. Then I came out to check for new and urgent e-mail, write to my blog, and go to bed.
 * Paducah quilt show  *

No comments: