Friday, May 16, 2014

Getting back to the old routine and learning something new

I set the alarm on my phone for 7CST for Cecily, hoping I would wake up before that. I woke up at 6:30. I was going to go back to bed, but then Cecily got up early ,too. So I checked e-mail and chatted with her as she got ready to leave. She pulled out about 7:38. I hope she did not get caught in school traffic. I loaded the dishwasher and ran it. I put some quinoa in a jar to soak. I read more e-mail – it just keeps on coming. I played through the choir piece for Sunday. It is one I haven't heard before since I missed the practices. I went outside thinking to get in an early mowing, but the grass was still wet. I read more e-mail and watched a cooking video for thyroid function. I put on a longer audio to play while I bounced, exercised and drybrushed. I made cucumber/carrot juice. Then I meditated. I made breakfast and ate it all. I went to the bank for cash, and ended up talking to one of the managers about rental problems. She has had them, too. Then I went to the fish market for salmon and cod. When I got home, it was time to mow. I raised the deck, but somehow it did not stay raised. I got about the same amount done as yesterday. I slid my finger along the blade to see how sharp it was, and it wasn't sharp at all. But then, I don't know how sharp mower blades are supposed to be. I ate a piece of the salmon. I parsed out 9 days worth of supplements. I took one day with Vitamin C water. Then I laid out in the sun for a little bit. When I came in, I made notes for my blog. I planted two carrot tops. I replanted a sprouted carrot top into the flower bed by the fence. I checked the pea plants and was able to eat some pea pods. The spinach was bolting, but I pinched off the flowers. I pulled weeds growing in the cracks of the steps. I trimmed things to big to pull. I dusted some ant hills with Amdro. I found some marigolds growing in the cracks, so I replanted them in the flower bed. I was tempted to trim the bushes but decided to leave them for another day. I read e-mail for awhile, then played around with my kaleidoscope software. At 6:30 I started the detox process by taking 500 mg of niacin. The flush started soon afterward. I went out to mow again. I got part of the side yard done and a few rows of the back where it is pretty tall. It wasn't really the kind of exercise that breaks a sweat. So then I put the hottest water in the tub and got in. But that did not make me sweat either. So I drank water and wrapped up in my warmest robe with fleece socks and got in bed. Still no sweat. I made and drank some hot tea and went back to bed. But still no sweat. I went downstairs to watch a video, then came up to find something more productive to do. I experimented with printing out kaleidoscopes on regular paper and photo paper. The printer needed a new color cartridge, but I couldn't remember how Chris replaced the last one. I looked it up on Youtube, and although there wasn't exactly what I wanted, I learned just enough to do the job. It took me two trys to get the paper in the right way and print one out. Then it was time for bed.

No comments: