Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Surprise inside

I woke up at 7, had to cope with flooding, (if you have to ask, you don't want to know), went back to bed until 9:30. I was feeling tired and achy. I gave Dad the outgoing mail and fed Mom Ensure and pills, and then cruciferous juice. She sat in the den. I juiced veggies for Dad and I. Then I worked on breakfast. Dad took a nap. Mom called out from the den to ask about Carol, and then said that she was ready for lunch. I gave her Ensure, a date and some kimchi. The kimchi might have been a mistake. I read a lot of e-mail, One was from a lady who sells toothpowder, I thought I had ordered 2 oz, but only got one. She said they put one oz in a two oz jar so that was why the jar I got said one oz and the order said 2 oz. I told her that next time I will order the Dr. Christopher's because their 2 oz jar is full and twice the size of her 2 oz jar. I washed up and got dressed, apparently the flooding is subsiding. At quarter of three I took her to the bathroom to make sure she was ready for Carol at three. As it turns out, Carol was standing outside the front door thinking we heard her ring the doorbell (which doesn't work). I watched her do strengthening exercises and range of motion exercises with Mom, talking to her and to me and answering my questions. Then she walked Mom in the livingroom and had her read out loud and read to her. The three of us sang together. After she left, I put Mom to bed to rest. Carol said it was better for her to sleep in bed than in the wheelchair. I sat in the wheelchair and read while she slept. I also did some energy work over her. I don't know if it did any good, but it couldn't hurt. When she got up, I gave her a bottle of Ensure to drink because Carol said Mom could hold a glass and drink from it. In fact, Mom drank 2 glasses of water while Carol was here. But it did not work out well. Mom dropped the bottle and it soaked through her pants. What I thought she swallowed came back out. I spoonfed her what was left. I changed her pants and put a clean bib on her. I ate a banana, an egg (not the one in the picture), and some cheese. I read e-mail because Dad wasn't quite ready yet. Then I washed the two dirty bibs. Around 7 we got Mom in the car and I drove us to choir practice. It should have been that easy, but the roads we needed to get there were blocked for repaving. It was a long way 'round. But we got there almost on time. Floyd put acupuncture needles in Mom's ears. While the choir practiced, I read “The Hormone Cure”. Afterwards, I took the needles out of her ears. One bled. Dad put them in bottles in Mom's purse. As we exited the church, Floyd was telling Dad how to stand up straight. This went on for awhile. Floyd turned to go and as Dad pushed Mom, she fell forward from the wheelchair. She was not buckled in. We caught her before she hit the pavement but had trouble getting her butt back in the seat. We got her back to the car and I put her in. We drove home another way. I tried to put her to bed, then, but she was tired and unable to cooperate. I washed her off, and did my best to brush her teeth, but she kept sticking her tongue out. Then it was Dad's turn to get her into bed. I wanted to quickly write to my blog and go to bed, but the laptop had other ideas. I think I have convinced it now to behave.
 *  One of our farm fresh eggs would have been a chick  *

No comments: