Sunday, May 4, 2014

From bad to good

After I posted to my blog last night, Chris and Michele skyped me for a little bit.  Then I went to bed.  I woke up early when I heard my tablet making the notification sound. I thought Kurt had turned it off. I tried to go back to sleep. When I did get up, it was almost 7 EST. I went through my usual exercises and brushing. I turned the tablet off to save energy and stop the sounds. Then I took a moment to check e-mail on my laptop and do some tapping. I made my breakfast and ate it. Dad brought Mom out and I tried to feed her Ensure and her pills. I think she got the pills down but not much Ensure. Then I washed up and dressed for church. I tried to feed Mom again, but it still did not go well. I brushed her hair. I got her out to the car and finally Dad came along. I drove us to church where Faye met us in the parking lot. She put Mom in her wheelchair and got her situated in church. I sat beside Dad and noticed him sleeping between hymns. It was youth sunday and the youth led the service. They did a great job, especially the youth minister who gave the sermon. After the service, the congregation held a 'roast' for her because her contract is almost up and she is moving on, having just completed her degree. So all of that made us late getting to Subway. The clerk recognized Dad and knew what subs he needed. I got a salad with avocado. We took our food to the mall to eat. Then Dad went out to sleep in the car and then take a walk. Faye and I rolled Mom around the mall. We stopped to shop at the dollar store. I bought sunglasses. We also stopped at Payless but did not buy anything. When we got back to the food court, it was after 5. Faye fed Mom Ensure and then called Dad. He arrived soon. It was almost 6 'till we pulled out of the lot. Faye went home and the other three of us went directly to Martin's for groceries. I went once before and the trip took 3 hours. But today we did it in less than two. Mom got some sympathetic glances. When we got home, I fed her while Dad brought in the groceries. She ate easily, then was content to sit while I ate and read some of my e-mail. At 9:45 she asked to go to bed. So we went through the process. She was so alert that it went easily. It seemed like a shame to put her to bed when she was so communicative. Dad got her situated in bed, and I put eye shades on her and bid her goodnight. Then I listened to a thyroid audio and wrote to my blog while Dad ate, and then got the garbage ready for tomorrow. 
*  Another quilt from Paducah  *

No comments: