Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Phone issues

I got up at 8 when I heard my phone alarm. But when I tried to turn it off, all I got was a white screen. I plugged it in to recharge and went back to bed. A little while later, I got up again. I wanted to drink water with lemon in it, but could not find any lemons in the fridge. I checked the phone and the screen was still white. I turned it off and on twice, but to no avail. Denise called to set a time to come over. I told her to give me an hour. In that hour I finished my exercises, skipped drybrushing, juiced and made breakfast. I was in the middle of eating when she arrived. She wanted to tap outside, so I took my breakfast and we sat on the back patio. Later we moved to the grassy area and got grounded. I gave her my set of tapping sheets for clutter. We moved inside to get out of the sun. We talked and then tapped. As she left, her phone rang. I went back inside. Later she rang the bell and said she'd forgotten to tell me about how she uses her Magic Bullet. I learned a few things from her, and then she had to go. I called the sewing machine store to see about a foot pedal, but the man who rewires them was gone. I laid out in the sun, working on my tan. I mowed, which was surprisingly short. This time I cannot blame wet grass. I took a shower, then went to Great Clips for a walk-in hair cut. She did well and I did not have to wait. From there, I went to the AT&T store for a new phone.
The salesman told me I would have to go on Ebay to get a phone like the one I have. But I wanted a new phone now, so he showed me what was available. I picked one and he transferred my sim card to the new phone. He told me that my old one had gotten wet. But I couldn't imagine how. After I paid and left the store, I walked to the optometrist office. I told them that my new glasses weren't very helpful since they were only good for reading books and driving. They suggested progressive lenses or computer glasses. Each would involve $150 to $200. Since dollar store reading glasses work just fine for me, I figured I could get dollar store computer glasses – just generic glasses with a different focal length. They also said I expected glasses to make my vision like it was before and that that will never happen. And there are no eye exercises that will help. I kept my opinion to myself and drove home. I read e-mail, and watched a LONG video by David Wolfe on issues that affect health. I paused it at 7 to mow the lawn. The mower did well everywhere except on the grass under the pine trees. The grass is thick but not tall or wet. Still it just can't handle it. I put the mower away, and picked some weeds for a weed smoothie. I put them in the Magic Bullet cup and added some broccoli sprouts. That may have been a mistake. What came out was not delicious. But I chewed and drank most of it. I decided that tomorrow's smoothie would contain neither dandelion or broccoli sprouts. I finished the video and the doorbell rang. It was my Swanson's order. My wrist has been bothering me since Monday night, so I put on a wrist support. That made it hard to type. I did some tapping, finishing up a pdf window that has been open for maybe a month now. My brother e-mailed to say there must be some way to connect my old phone to the computer to transfer the phone numbers. He (recovering from head surgery) wanted to know the model of my phone. I could not tell from the outside of the phone. For some reason I powered it up and the screen came on, asking for a sim card. “But you're dead”, I replied. Still, I opened the back casing and took out the battery. I could see the model number then. I had a devil of a time opening up the new phone. I had to look up the manual online, but even then. Once I got it open, and took the sim card out, I could not get it into the space on the old phone. More searching online. Finally I found a video showing a man sliding it under the casing, which did not work when I tried it. But knowing that that was the proper thing to do, I tried it with a little more force and it went in. I powered up the phone and it seems to be working. I wonder if At&t will take the other one back?
*  Here is a pic from the guild meeting  *

No comments: