Sunday, May 18, 2014

Look what popped up

I heard the phone alarm go off at 8, but was too tired to get up because I stayed up so late last night finalizing a Swanson's order. Eventually I did get up and started reading e-mail. I started comparing brands of colostrum and used up so much time that I had to shower and skip breakfast to get to church in time to warm up with the choir. I was still a little dubious about the piece, but Jennifer promised to sing beside me. At the beginning of the service, Tamara asked all those who helped with Sunday School this year to come up front. She gave each of us a gift card to Starbucks. Later in the service, there was a program for all of our graduates, and some treats afterward. I went to the grocery store for the usual. When I got home, I put all the veggies in the fridge. They almost did not fit because of all the containers of rain water. I took some colostrum, and then made the breakfast that I skipped this morning. I put two turkey burgers in a baking pan along with three sweet potatoes (the ones I did not know I had so I bought more), and a piece of cod. While it was baking, I picked a long scape and sliced it up thinly and sprinkled that over the food. I burned my arm when it touched the oven door. I put a small sweet potato in a jar of water. After eating breakfast, I took the cod out, cooked the burgers a little more, and then left the sweet potatoes in for another 40 minutes. I got out an offering envelop for next week and wrote “9:30” on the calendar because there will be only one service next week. I read e-mail and did some tapping. It rained this morning, but by 5pm it was somewhat dry. I mowed inside the fence and then in the back yard. Last week I promised myself that if I could not make good headway on the lawn in four days, I would call Charlie. When the mower ran down, I pulled weeds out of cracks in the driveway. I noticed a new dog at the house across the street – just the size that might leave a pile of crap like on the one on my porch. I picked up leaves and used the wheelbarrow to take them to the yard waste pile. I noticed the tire was flat, so I hunted down the bicycle pump and inflated the tire. It is a new wheelbarrow, so I wondered how it could be flat so soon. I planted another sweet potato which had sprouted while I was gone. I found the marigolds that were missing from the flowerbed. They came up in the driveway. I picked some greens to add to my salad, and ate it while reading e-mail. Then I watched the Netflix movie that has been waiting since I left. It was called “No Reservations” with Catherine Zeta-Jones. I really shouldn't watch romantic movies with Chris gone. But I enjoyed it, and was sorry to see it end. I came up to write to my blog and go to bed.

No comments: