Thursday, May 22, 2014

Bracing myself

I am not sure when I got up because I forgot to check the time. My phone alarm went off at 8 and I wondered if it would have done that without a sim card. After deleting the first round of e-mail, I took a break to collate the recyclables. I took them out to the bin, but for so little it did not seem worth risking my wrist to carry it to the street. When I came in, I got pliers to get the bulb socket out of the light fixture, but it didn't work. So I got a piece of rubber to wrap around the stem and I was able to turn it until it came out. I tried turning on the light, but it stayed dark. Then I began my exercises. I wanted something to listen to, but my laptop was not cooperating and I figured it needed rebooting. I tried to use the tablet instead, but it can't handle my need to skip ahead in the audio to find the interesting parts, and I did not have an hour and a half to listen to all of that audio. Finally the laptop rebooted and I found something to play while I finished exercising and juicing. Getting out the veggies to juice, I found the lemons I have been looking for all week. I made breakfast and ate that and then it was time to go. My box was already packed and I did not need a lunch, so I just rolled my stuff out to the car and drove to Thursday quilting. I worked on my 16-patch blocks. When I had finished 25 of them, I laid them out on the table to get them in some sort of order and then I photographed the arrangement. I asked the ladies where I could buy generic computer glasses, and they told me that regular reading glasses in a weaker strength would do the trick. It was after 2 when I packed up and went home. I had a bite for lunch and then mowed the lawn, finishing that tricky spot under the pine trees and starting the lawn all over again. The wrist support made it hard to mow and chaffed. So I changed to a new splint. I think the first one is actually for the right hand. And this one matches my outfit. I drank water and read e-mail. I did some tapping for various issues and people. I looked up how to copy my phone address book to the sim card in case the phone ever dies again. I went outside to eat the last of the quinoa. I noticed a low branch on the tree by the patio. So I got the clippers and took it off. Then another stood out, , and another one, and soon I was standing back and thinking maybe I should have left it alone. I tried to read e-mail then, but the laptop could not load messages from Yahoo. So I tried it on the desktop. What was on the screen seemed locked, and then the cursor started roaming the screen. At first I thought someone had hijacked my computer, but the pattern was too random. Nothing got clicked. Using the tab key and cntl/shift W, I was able to clear the browser and restart it. I read some e-mail, then stopped for supper. I picked some oxalis and added broccoli and snack sprouts to the Bullet. I mixed it well, but I still had to chew the result. At least it tasted good. I mowed parts of the backyard that somehow avoided the mower. It went better with the second brace. I watched some tapping videos. I took brace off because it got so hot, and applied frozen peas. Then I replaced the brace, wanting to make sure the wrist is completely healed before I give it up. While still listening, I packed up the new phone to go back to the store. I donated to Plan International for their work in the Philippines. My keyboard got so hot that it was uncomfortable to type on. I turned the laptop over, and sat in the den to listen. When the audio was over, I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* This is my brother after his head surgery.  In case some of my readers are squeamish, I did not post the pics of his crescent-shaped scar.    This is for something called a  BAHA  *

No comments: