Saturday, May 3, 2014

And so it begins...

I got up at 7:30 EST. I completed my exercises and drybrushing before 8 and took a shower. When I got out, Faye and Kurt were up. I checked my e-mail and then packed. Faye went to the office to see about the continental breakfast. I think Kurt went after his shower. We left about 9:30. There must have been some problem with the Garmin because the diagram wasn't changing and when I noticed it and tried to fix it, it then told us to turn around and go the other way. We did some backtracking, and stopped to really check it out. So we lost some time there. It had to recalculate and we stopped for lunch at Wendy's. I ate carrots and celery that I had with me. Kurt drove up to that point and Faye drove after that. We got to my parents house about 6ish. Patrick came over to talk to Kurt. Then Kurt went home with Faye. I took Mom out on the porch to drink Ensure, but she wasn't ready yet. I tapped for her while she slept. Then she took the Ensure. I took her for a roll around the neighborhood. I parked her by the flowerbox, and she watched me pull weeds out and plant vinca in its place. She wanted to sit in the driveway, so I rolled her down there. The last car in the driveway used to be mine, and it was dirty. So I used the watering can and rainwater to wash it. I found a piece of cardboard to use as a cloth, and then found a rag. While I was washing, she asked to sit in the car. I told her that the car wasn't going anywhere, but she wanted to sit there. The seats are comfortable. So I put her in and finished washing. Then I went in and found Dad swatting moths. The kitchen and utility room were full of them. We discussed putting all non-perishable food in sealed containers to solve the problem. I brought Mom in. It was 9pm so I ate some of my veggies for supper, then gave her another Ensure along with her pills. Dad was eating so I took a moment to check e-mail and start my blog. When he finished, we took her to the bathroom to clean up. I put on my bathing suit and we sat her on the shower seat in the tub. I stood in front of her and washed her and rinsed with the handheld shower wand. Then we got her out, dried her off, cut her toenails, and dressed her for bed. After brushing her teeth and putting on her splints, we had her ready for bed. Dad did most of that. I changed out of my wet suit and bid her goodnight. It is almost midnight and I am so ready for bed.
*  A quilt from the show at Paducah  *

No comments: