Saturday, May 31, 2014

Finishing the shrubs

I got up at 6:30, having been awake for awhile and unable to go back to sleep. I read e-mail, but my eyes hurt and I had a headache. I drank lots of water but it did not help. At nine my phone rang, but not for long. I picked it up and it told me I had a missed call. I called the number back, but it must have been from yesterday 'cause she sounded like she'd just woke up. Then I realized that the alarm did not go off at 8. I checked the settings and it was set for repeat. I read the manual and it did not explain further. 'Repeat' rings Mon through Fri. I just can't believe there is no way to set an alarm on the weekends, but this seems to be the case. I put away the dishes in the dishwasher. I juiced what veggies I had left. It made about 4 cups of juice. I drank it, and then meditated. But I got so tired that I had to lay down. It must have been over an hour. Then I took a shower and got dressed. I mended my nightgown. I made breakfast. I was supposed to go to a sewing day so I went down to find something to work on. By the time I did, it was 1:30 and I wondered if it was worth it at that point. I drank more water, and worked on several pursuits: a square directrix, sri yantra border with triangles or with an odd symmetrical shape. I still had the headache, so I went outside barefoot. That seemed to help. I pulled up more irises, did some weeding around the tomato plants, a little watering, etc. I came in to e-mail the next person on the list who wanted irises. She did not respond even though I checked off and on while I went through the process of trimming the tops of the bushes with an electric trimmer on a ladder. I also trimmed severely the small tree nearest the house where the leak is. I think it is responsible for making a crack in the wall. I carried load after load of branches to a pile by the street for pickup on Monday. As I gathered the last load, I cut my finger. For a few moments I just stared at it, marveling at how red the blood was. Then it started to sting so I washed it off inside. I checked e-mail again. I was able to make arrangements for the lady to get the irises tomorrow. I made a smoothie using a banana, frozen blueberries, strawberries, rhubarb and coconut milk. I threw in a square of dark chocolate. So good I almost got brain-freeze. I took the laundry down to the machine and heard Skype. It was MaryAnn. During the call I got the machine started. She wanted to make sure I was ok. She hung up when Chris got on Skype. I put the laundry in the dryer. I talked to him and Michele for over an hour. Then I posted and went to bed.
*  This is my sprouting sweet potato.  I hear the leaves are edible.  *

No comments: