Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Little green apples

When I went to bed last night, my hands felt hot and swollen. So I propped them up when I went to sleep. I got up at 6:30, then went back to bed. I did not realize it was so late when I got up again at 7:45. I read e-mail while holding a bag of frozen peas in my hands. I finished a video from last night, exercised, juiced and made breakfast. My hands and wrists still hurt from yesterday, so I put both wrist splints on. I printed out a document that Chris sent me. I called the lady at the bank but she was at lunch. I rooted around in my sewing room to find fabric for Sunday and the next guild meeting. At 1, I called her back and left a message. When she returned my call, I told her I needed to fax the document and she said to come down to the bank. So I jumped in the car and drove over, not cognizant of how I must look. I took the splints off in the car but there was nothing I could do about the lack of bra. She kindly sent the fax and went on to the next customer. The traffic on Airport Road was just endless. I put the splints back on. When I got home, I checked the mail and told Chris what he needed to know. I cleared more e-mail and watched another video. I finished breakfast. I went downstairs to cut strips. I came up to see how many I would need. 5. Then I went outside to water the newly planted patches of ground. I picked some garlic blossoms and wild lettuce to eat. I was surprised that the squash had sprouted already. And I found a fully formed pea pod. I also found little green apples that fell off the tree prematurely. I collected them in my shirt and brought them inside. I sliced them thinly to get all the hidden rotten spots. Then I put the pieces in the Bullet with a banana, frozen rhubarb, and coconut milk. It was pretty good but not sweet. I went down to count strips. There were 15, so I had plenty. I wrapped them for Sunday. I also cut 7 strips for the next guild meeting. I watched a video while trying to slow my breath and do some tapping. I made a sprout and broccoli smoothie for supper, but was unable to eat it all. I took my tablet and drove to church for choir practice. It was shorter than usual because we are almost done for the year. The organist did not show up, so we asked the new Jennifer to play when she came in. And with no warning, she did an outstanding job. There was one song with no intro and she made one up that was very fitting. I was so impressed. She is starting a praise band this summer so we talked about that. I went home to check the tablet. I was having a bit of trouble with the piano app. Sadly, that lead to playing 2048. It surprised me when I made it and then asked if I wanted to continue playing. Well, I did. But then I found that after all that wanting the 2048 tile, it becomes a real nuisance on the board. Then it was time to finish a tapping video and go to bed.
*  This is from the guild meeting show and tell.  *

No comments: