Thursday, May 29, 2014

More pop-ups - wish I could remember what I planted

I got up at 7:30. I read e-mail until just after 8 and then started my exercise routine, followed by juicing and clean-up. How it took me until 10:30 to start preparing breakfast is beyond me. Nothing I can remember took any longer than usual, but how did it get so late? After eating most of breakfast, I called the mortgage company to investigate a HARP loan. A very nice young man answered and talked to me. I had a lot of questions and I think he wasn't used to dealing with someone with a math background. He got called away to a meeting and so promised to call me at 3:30. I went to Stitch-Its and worked on my 16-patch quilt top until it was all one piece. I think I did more talking than sewing. Marjorie told me how she grows lettuce in a potting soil bag. I got home by 2:30 and started using on-line mortgage calculators to verify his numbers, but they did not come out the same way. I opened a spreadsheet to run my own calculations, but used an awful lot of time learning how to enter info in the cells. The “Help” file wasn't much help. I enjoyed running different scenarios until almost 5. Then I stopped to call the man and he did not answer so I left a message. It rained while I was gone, and lightly all afternoon. I got the mail – junk. I checked the garden and found new sprouts. I picked a few things for a smoothie: pea leaves and a pod, dandelion, mint, chickweed, kale, spinach and oxalis.  The chickweed was really hard to find.  I added some broccoli and a yellow pepper from the fridge. After I ate, I investigated sea minerals for improved gardens. It sounds like one of my supplements so I might try that first. I also looked up pocket hoses, which Marjorie also recommended. But the reviews were mostly bad, indicating low quality. I fast-forwarded through some videos on-line, and decided to watch a Netflix video. It was called Made of Honor. It was mostly a cute movie and I would like to recommend it, but there were too many scenes in bad taste. When the movie was over, I checked e-mail one last time, and went to bed, amazed how late it was.

No comments: