Sunday, May 25, 2014

Washing the shower curtain liner

I got up at 5:30, cleared some e-mail and went back to bed. When I got up the second time, it was 7:30. I was having a bad dream about kids playing with my trombone, and damaging it. I read some e-mail, and made breakfast. I noticed that even with extra water changes, something was growing on the water my nuts soak in. At 7:54 my new phone's alarm went off. Sadly it was just a vibrating hum. I would have never heard it from the bedroom. I checked and yes it is set for playing an annoying tune. So I don't know why it did not ring. The old phone did not ring. But the screen was still working. Maybe it has developed an allergy to the sim card? I made and ate breakfast, then took a shower. I had trouble deciding what to wear. But I was ready to leave by 9. There was only one person sitting in church when I got there. I talked to her until her husband arrived. We only had one service today which I thought would be well attended. But I saw very few early service people, and lots of late service people. The intern gave the sermon and Pastor Ettraim did communion. After the service, I talked to Jeanne about the altar cloths she wants to collaborate on. When I left, I went home to change clothes, and then to the grocery store. When I got back, I put the groceries away and finished breakfast. I read e-mail, and folded laundry. Some of it was not dry yet. I think it is the humidity. I moved the nut storage container from the garage to the basement which is much cooler. I laid in the sun for awhile, and got bit by ants. I soaked a new Brita filter and replaced the old one. I laid down for awhile. Then I took down the shower curtain liner and laid it in the driveway. It had mildew on it. I mixed some Borax in a bucket, and sprayed the worst parts with stain remover. I used a mop to clean it. However, the pavement was exceedingly hot so I did a quick job it. My poor feet. I left it lying in the sun. If the Borax doesn't kill the mildew, maybe the heat will. In the cool basement, I redrafted the circular border, and added background pieces so it will have an octagonal edge. I was ready to mount it on cardboard to cut up into templates, but my cardboard needed to lay flat for awhile. I mowed the back lawn, and swept magnolia blossoms from the driveway. I put sprouts and broccoli in the Bullet. For dessert I had square of dark chocolate with blueberries. Somehow the bag of frozen berries fell over and a bunch went all over the kitchen floor. I picked those up, but missed the ones on the carpet. Those defrosted and made stains. I read e-mail, and went through new quilt pins on Pinterest. Since I created my own page, I have gained three followers, and several people have repinned some of the pics. It is a nice feeling. At 10, I was ready to write to my blog. I realized that I forgot to make hummus. I googled Bullet recipes and one said it would take 5 minutes. I had 5 minutes. But it was 45 minutes later that I scooped out the hummus into a jar and started the clean-up process. No food gets wasted around here. Whatever I don't eat, the roaches will. Kurt called so I could test my phone.  It works, but not with the ringtone I selected.   NOW I am ready for bed.
*  My PVC drying rack.  Not much good in 84 humid degrees.  *

No comments: