Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Bones

I watched one more episode of X-Files before going to bed, not certain that was a good idea. But it wasn't too scary, so did not keep my awake. I did some tapping in the tent until I was more relaxed. So I fell asleep sooner, but had to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Then I woke up before 7, hearing a small creature trying to get in or under the tent. I got up just after 7 to come in the house and lay down in bed until 8. Then I turned on the router. I vacuumed the laptop fan ports, then fired it up. I put the Netflix copy of X-files in the mail. I played an audio while I exercised and juiced. I made and drank extra juice. Then I grabbed three borrowed books and headed out. When I got to the group, I waved to a few people, then gave the books to Jane. Then Beverly and I spread out her quilt and looked at stitching. I noticed that the top tension was too tight on the sample sandwich she had made. She had started hand-quilting it in 30 degree lines, but found it difficult to go through the t-shirts. Jane suggested that she machine quilt it in boxes instead. Beverly wanted to know if her machine would do it. Since hers is like mine, I offered to have her come over and try it on my machine, but she declined. On the way home, I stopped at the Asian store for kimbap and sprouts. I waited until I got home to eat the kimbap and had some kimchi with it. Then I made fermented nut cheese with the soaked nuts from Sunday. I watered some dry plants and tried to lay out, but the sun went behind a cloud. So I brought the mail in, and mowed. Then I laid out again. Still not 20 minutes though. I watched an episode of TQS. I struggled with g-mail to get the up/down arrows back so I could look at older messages. Beverly called to tell me that she had tried it on her machine and it did not go so well, but that she would try it again. Then it was time to run to the farmer's market for beef bones and tow peppers. I also stopped at the dentist office to make an appointment for Chris next month. When I got home, I left the bones out to defrost. I checked e-mail. I cut red fabric for piping, and cut gold fabric for borders. I even started sewing piping inside the fabric strip – ugh! Then I slipped cardboard in the AC registers to block the cold air so it will go upstairs and not down. I put the bones in a big pot with water and turned on the burner. I talked to Parker. I was all for eviction, but she talked me into giving them one day to sign up for a $400 raise in rent before beginning the process. Then I went out to mow in the front and side yards. I checked the bones. I ate some beef tongue. I put some basil leaves in a small jar and filled it with olive oil. I watched parts of two more TQS episodes. I took the bones out to cool and cut the meat off of them. Then I boiled the broth again to reduce it. I Skyped with Chris, stopping once to turn off the burner before the broth boiled too low. He helped me got the up/down arrows back.  After he hung up, I wrote to my blog and considered going to bed (after I put the broth away).
*  This is an odd shaped quilt from the Chattanooga show.   *

No comments: