Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Fruit flies in captivity

I was awake when the alarm went off so I got up right away. I checked the fruit fly trap, and was pleased to see some trapped. I vacuumed the fan ports on the laptop and fired it up. It gave me a System Event Notification Service error. I had to look that up and it did not help. I saw that Netflix was going to send me a movie that I have seen before and did not want. There was no way to tell it not to. I added X-files episodes to my queue. I pulled up the coffee detox protocol. As I was doing that, Dad called to ask about calcium chews. I answered his question as best I could. Then I finished what I was doing and laid out in the sun but not for long because of the cloud cover. I watered my plants and gave them minerals. I juiced sweet potato vine, carrots, zucchini, tomato, and lettuce. The lettuce was from the hydroponics vendor and had roots attached. So I left a few leaves on and sat the roots in water, just in case it might get new growth. I drank some colostrum. I made and ate breakfast. I got out a big head of cabbage to make sauerkraut. In the video it looked easy, but that cabbage was hard! I was lucky I did not cut myself while trying to hack it to pieces. When I was done, there was cabbage all over the floor. It made such a big pile that I had to mix it (with salt) in a large tub. I added onions like in the video, and packed it tightly in jars. I visited the mailbox, but it was empty. I cooked three sweet potatoes, and ate one with butter and cinnamon. I took a shower, then read e-mail wrapped in a towel. I got dressed and packed my tablet and went to choir practice. We practiced music for the next two Sunday's. We were supposed to have an ice cream social, but no one stayed. I came home, and checked e-mail, waiting for Chris on skype. Firefox wanted to install a new version, so I gave up and worked on writing a trombone part for a transposed song for tomorrow night. I checked one last time for Chris, then wrote to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: