Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Free eggs

I got up at 6:30, came in the house and laid down until 8. I thumbed my nose at the alarm for another 15 minutes. Then I got up to read e-mail and exercise, etc. I juiced a large cucumber and three carrots. About 10:15 I drove to the church on Jordan. The group was involved in a stack-n-whack class. It was interesting to see how the different fabrics were cut up. I showed off the red dove banner. At 11:20 I walked out with Beverly, talking about her t-shirt quilt. I stopped at the Asian store for kimbap and sprouts. I rushed home to put the sprouts in the fridge and grab my phone. I saw that Parker had called, but I raced off again to get to the dentist office by noon. They did not take me right away, so I sat and worked on the binding of the banner. Then the hygienist took me back for cleaning. The dentist stopped by for the check up. She explained about how a night guard would help with the pressure of grinding my teeth. She also recommended botox treatments for that. And then the hygienist finished the zinc oxide polishing. At the front desk, I paid and they gave me a sheet of prices for botox and a night guard. The botox was $500 and repeats every three months. Yeah, right. Don't think so. Massage would be cheaper. From the dentist office, I walked to the post office to mail a card to Michele. I could have driven but did not want to make a left turn on Whitesburg. Then I went home. I ate the kimbap and called Parker. We had a nice conversation. We decided to defer using the lawyer until we serve the eviction notice and see if they move out. Then I grabbed all the egg cartons I could find (5 bags worth) and jumped in the car and went to the farmer's market. I gave the bags to the stand that sells eggs. She was so happy she gave me a carton of eggs for free. Then I visited the Wagyu man. He brought a frozen tongue, heart, and liver from the last butchering. I had just paid for it when another woman walked up. She was interested in organ meats, and quite disappointed to hear that I had just bought it all. Then I went to another stand to buy peppers and next to that, apples. I took my purchases home and put them in the fridge. I wondered if I should have given back one of the organs for the lady to buy? Then I read e-mail and listened to an audio about a man who recovered from cancer through special nutrients to support his immune system. I ate an egg, and raked leaves in the back yard. I practiced driving Chris' car in the driveway. I read some e-mail, then swept deck and patio. Denise called to find out the latest on the eviction. I watched a short tapping video. Then I got the proposed eviction letter from Parker. It did not have any 'teeth' in it. So I looked up the statutes to put specifics into it. Chris skyped me. We talked about the cost and benefits of getting a lawyer involved. After he hung up, I bought a Notice of Eviction on-line for $11. It said it was drafted by a lawyer, but I was pretty unimpressed with it. So I drafted my own based on it, and sent it to our agent, knowing that we might go with the lawyer after all. It got late, so I posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: