Sunday, September 28, 2014

Not such a great fabric after all

Last night wasn't so quiet. The wind rustled the tarp and there was traffic. But I did some tapping and went to sleep. I woke up before 7 and went in the house to use the bathroom. I laid down on the bed and ignored the alarm when it went off because I was having the strangest dream and my mom was in it. I got up at 8:45 to read e-mail and have breakfast. I took a shower, dressed, and headed to church. The choir practiced the anthem before church. During the children's sermon, two of the boys were playing 'musical chairs' beside the pastor. Then one little boy answered the pastor's question with “I think it was John, because that's my father's name.” He was cute. We had a substitute organist and she did a great offertory. The postlude was good too. I think she chose pieces that would normally be played on a pipe organ, but they sounded pretty good on our organ too. After the service, we had a party for two people celebrating their 85th birthdays. I did not know what to say to them: congratulations on making it this far? You look good for your age? Hang in there, 100 isn't that far away? Anyway, I found a paper in my box saying that October 19th is my day to provide communion bread. Well, I left 4 rounds a month or two ago. Do they need more than that? I could not find anyone who would know. Then I went to Publix for groceries. I brought them home, changed my clothes, and put them away. I looked up healthy trick-or-treats on the internet. The church wants to do a trunk-or-treat and asked me to participate. I cannot in good conscience hand candy to kids. Candy is not the limited treat it used to be, and now we know the dangers of sugar. I got an e-mail from my agent that the tenants won't have the money by Monday but will get back to us about when they can get it. I had to think about that. I called Denise for her opinion, which was have the agent file for eviction now. I continued looking on the internet for treats or toys to hand out. I also thought about how I would decorate my car for such an event. I wouldn't mind having a small activity or craft. I made hummus. What would not fit in the jar, I put in a container for lunch tomorrow. I drove Chris' car around the yard, practicing starting on a slope without drifting in the opposite direction. If I do a little every day, then my brain has time to build the new neural pathways necessary to drive under more stressful conditions. I also want to insure that each experience is a positive one so I will have confidence when I go out on the road. I took a pic of some fabric, and imported it to my kaleidoscope program. I wanted to see what kind of stack-n-whack it would make. Since my camera card was full, I deleted most of the pictures on it to make some space. Then I Skyped with Maryann for almost 2 hours. I watched an episode and a half of X-files. Then Chris was on Skype. We talked for awhile. Then he went to bed, and I finished the episode so I could put the DVD in the mail tomorrow. I checked for new e-mail, and wrote to my blog. I plan to do some tapping before I turn in for the night.

No comments: