Monday, September 15, 2014

Time's up

I woke up early, hearing the birds sing. My back was less than happy, but I had to admit it had been a good night otherwise. The temperature was comfortable, it did not rain, no dogs barking, little traffic noise, and I did not have to go to the bathroom. It was not as dark as I had hoped since the neighbors back porch light was on all night. And the cicadas were loud, but that wasn't so bad. With a little more padding, it might be ok next time. I stayed in the tent for some time trying to ease my back. Then I got up and went in the house. The grass was nice and dry under my feet. It was almost 8. I laid down in my real bed and promptly went to sleep. Two hours later, I got up, feeling really frustrated for having lost 2 hours out of my day. I got dressed and put some envelopes in the mail. I skimmed my e-mail, and did some tapping. I put on an audio on juicing, and did my exercises, as well as juiced. I packed a lunch of seaweed, cherry tomatoes, apple and quinoa bars and went to quilting. At first only Bertha and Dinah were there. The others were either out to lunch or at a retreat. I showed Dinah the doll with the broken face. She said she could get another head if she knew more about the doll and where it came from. Rebecca and Jody came back from lunch. Rebecca, Bertha and I worked on Barbara's quilt. Melissa dropped by to talk to Jody and then I remembered that I had agreed to help Jody in Melissa's place 'cause she's moving. Sometime after three, we remaining three packed up and cleaned up. I had eaten my lunch. So when I went home, I thought I would have breakfast. But I got the mail and found a box addressed to Chris on the front porch. And then I mowed the sideyard. Then, I was really hungry and the closest food was leftover beef tongue so I ate that. I checked e-mail and saw one from our rental agent. Today is the 15th and the date the tenants must move out. But she said they had an appt with her over the weekend and canceled it, saying they would meet with her on Tuesday or Wednesday to discuss staying and paying more rent. I remembered buying some mushrooms on Friday and figured they weren't getting any fresher. So I hunted them up and fried them in a pan with coconut oil. While I was cooking, and then eating the shrooms, I thought about how these people never take the rent or our arrangement seriously. And if they hadn't made an offer yet (which has been in the works for at least a year), they probably aren't going to now, so this is just another delaying tactic. I got out my phone to call the rental agent and saw that Beverly had called. So I called her back. She wanted to talk about machine quilting a t-shirt quilt since her machine is like mine. Then I called the rental agent, and got her voice mail. I left a message saying I was upset that they neither moved out nor made an offer. Then I wrote her an e-mail and said I wanted them out now even if it means eviction. They'd had plenty of time to do more than just talk about what offer they intended to make. And IF they called her tonight, the price had just gone up even higher. Frustrated, I went outside to mow again. I made it to the back yard, then put the mower away. I took some more blankets out to the tent for padding, and moved the pile of bedding to another spot (in case the slant of the ground was bad for my back). I also draped a tarp over one side to cut down on the lights. Then I came back in to check e-mail. Mirna called to find out where I get my hair cut so she could get hers cut. I took notes for my blog, and then located the mail (by the front door) and opened it. I took note of what Chris needed to now and recycled the rest. I practiced my trombone briefly as I passed it by. I washed out some intimates, and poured the water on the compost pile. I set up the laptop in the den and watched an episode of X-files. Just as it ended, Chris skyped me. We did not talk for long as he was pretty tired. Then I got dressed for bed and checked my e-mail one more time.

No comments: