Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday of the Holy Cross

I woke up in the middle of the night thinking I had heard someone rattling the door knob to the bedroom. I laid awake for sometime with my heart thudding. I knew the doors were locked so it HAD to be something else. Later the alarm sounded and I got up. I checked e-mail, and prepared breakfast. I made up new batch of vitamins for the week while listening to an audio on Psychosomatic and Holistic medicine. I took my shower and got dressed. For some reason I chose to wear my red skirt. I found a bowl in the dining room, and washed it. I cut up the quinoa protein bars in the jellyroll pan and arranged them in the bowl. I covered it with plastic wrap, and took it with my folder out to the car. I checked to see if my music was in the folder and it wasn't, so I had to run back in and grab it off of the piano.
Still, I arrived at church in time to practice with the women of the choir. We only had two sopranos, but by the time we sang during the service, there were seven. The intern gave the sermon. She did a great job with the kids, involving them in finding cross shapes in the sanctuary because today was cross Sunday. It happens whenever September 14th falls on a Sunday. Then with the adults, she had them pair up and make crosses on each others foreheads. Afterward we told her what a good job she did. We all gathered in the fellowship hall then to surprise our choir director with a celebration of her new American citizenship. The Sanders bought a Publix cake with both the American flag and the Canadian flag. Elaine and I each brought something healthy to eat. She brought sliced tomatoes with Parmesan cheese on top. She wanted my recipe for the quinoa bars. I got to take some home. It was very crumbly and she suggested it would be a good topping on yogurt. When I left the church, I went to Publix for groceries. Then I went home. While carrying everything into the house, I noticed the pepper needed watering so I did that, and put a dish under it so it can keep some of the water I gave it. I also watered the tomatoes in the compost pile. Then I changed clothes and mowed part of the front lawn. After I plugged in the mower, I cleared some space under the trees with a rake, and then leveled it with my trowel. I unfolded our cabin tent, staked it down, and then sorted the poles. I wished I had a picture. But eventually I figured it out. I was really proud when I got it up. I used my gauss meter to make sure there were no electrical fields nearby. I put two sleeping bags inside. I found an exercised mat and washed it, to add a layer of comfort to the bedding. I auditioned borders for a quilt, which was easily done - perhaps too easily- and then removed some pieces to get signatures. I remade my wool pillow to be lower and put it in the tent. I put a defrosted beef tongue in a large pot of water in the oven. I mowed again, still not able to finish the front yard. I put more stuff in tent, like sheets and blankets. I plugged in my mp3 headphones in case I needed them tonight to block out sounds. I thought of every problem I could think of and had a plan. I took some pieces off the quilt. The beef tongue was finished, so I ate about half while read e-mail. I called Alfred to ask a question, and we talked about gardening and growing herbs. I listened to an audio on the evolution of autoimmunity until Chris called. He did not share my enthusiasm for sleeping in a tent, but he did not try to talk me out of it either. I put away the remaining beef tongue and juice, then washed and soaked cashews and sunflower seeds for tomorrow. I mixed up some starter for culturing vegetables. I finished the audio and wrote notes for my blog. After I pick a photo, I will publish my blog post and spend the night in the tent.

pf

No comments: