Thursday, September 25, 2014

Project Runway

I forgot to turn off the router last night before I went to the tent. On the way out there, I also remembered my intention to practice driving Chris' car a little each day but had not done it for the day. So when I laid down, I did some tapping. I tapped for the stress in my jaw muscles that the hygienist says is causing fracture lines in all my teeth. I did one of the gratitude techniques that Jennifer told me about last night. And I asked the universe to bring me a solution to the tenant situation that would make everyone happy. It was a great night, and my best one so far. It was as quiet as it could be considering all the cicadas. The little critter did visit me, but not for long. And I did not have to run inside for the restroom. I slept well.
When I woke up, it was after 7. I remembered that it was Thursday and recycle day. So I went in the house and laid down for a few minutes, then got up to start my day with water and e-mail. I read e-mail, and took out the recyclables. I picked a tomato and noticed that they are looking better now that weather is cooler. I watered the plants. I exercised, and juiced, and meditated. I listened to an audio while making breakfast. I also tapped for how I imagined our tenants must be feeling.
I ate breakfast, and then took my sewing stuff to my car. I practiced driving Chris' car for a few minutes before heading (in my car) to Stitch-its. I finished sewing the blocks from yesterday and pressed them. I helped Pat spread out her quilt to see if the backing she was making was large enough. It was not. I left at 2, came home, and watered the pepper that was planted way out back by itself. I picked another tomato, and ate it. I also had some beef kidney, and the rest of breakfast with coconut oil. I called Parker and we decided that they should pay the rent up front and we will rebate half based on move-out status when they move out. I heard an audio on adrenal stress, and read an article about mites having sex on our faces. I started cleaning up the sewing table. I spread the quilt top on the quilt backing to make sure the backing is large enough. It was. I watered plants and shrubs with a mineral solution. I clipped bushy weeds and discarded them in the compost pile. I planted kale in the seed tray. I laid in the tent and tapped. I nearly fell asleep. I cleaned the vacuum filter with a pair of tweezers. I looked up 'cash for keys' agreement forms and sent one to our agent. I get the feeling that she hasn't done many evictions. I ate something for supper. At 7:59 I decided to join the ladies for Project Runway. I put on pants (in case the night air got cold) and jumped in the car. I drove to Jennifer's house. I thought the target time was 8:30, but I was the first one there. She told me all about homeschooling the subject of history. Finally two others showed up. Jen baked some egg rolls and we talked as the ladies ate. Then we sat in the livingroom and watched the just-taped episode of Project Runway. They had invited me because they wanted to hear my comments on the outfits and sewing. They chatted through the entire thing and I could not hear the TV most of the time and could hardly get a word in. In the middle of it, my dad called, wanting me to find two files online and send him the links. It was kind of embarrassing having my dad call me when I'm out with friends. I promised to call him back in the morning. After the show, we chatted some more, but the evening was clearly over. I'd had a good time. I drove home, noticing how low the gas gauge was, and wondering if I had made a bad decision thinking I could wait until next Tuesday to get gas. I did not want to stop at a gas station so late at night. I went home and checked on Skype for Chris, but he had gone to bed. I glanced at e-mail, responding to the personal ones and deleting others. Then it was time for bed.
*  This is Pat's quilt.  *

No comments: