Friday, September 12, 2014

Delivery day

Last night I looked for places to spend the night in a cave, but it was always paired with a difficult cave crawl, and had a group minimum. Then I tried to sleep downstairs but something that smelled like furniture polish kept me awake. Finally I went back upstairs and waited for sleep to catch me.
I woke just after 7. I listened to an audio that I did not get to last night. I read some e-mail, and cleared a lot more. I exercised, boiled eggs, and put sheets and towels in the washing machine. I took my pre-breakfast supplements. I tried a potassium bicarbonate and diatomaceous earth detox. I finished the Christmas ball while listening to a memory audio. A shipment I had checked on earlier in the week was listed as 'shipped'. I had been checking for it every day. In fact, I sang to myself:
Shipped...but not delivered
Shipped...but not delivered
Its in the mail today
Its on its way they say
Just shipped...and not delivered
Well, today I checked the front porch and there it was!
I stacked the dishwasher, juiced, and made breakfast. I put a load of clothing in the washer. I sat quietly to meditate. Then I took a shower, and put the sheets back on the bed. I filled a water bottle with ginger water, and put some fermented nut cheese in a baggie for the massage therapist. I sent two excerpts to Dad as a prelude to what he really wanted. Then I drove to Ruth's Nutrition. The massage therapist was ready for me. We talked, then she left while I undressed and laid on the table. She worked on my back and my neck and shoulders. We had discussed a facial, but she said my skin did not need it and I had a lot of tension in my TM joint, so we agreed to work on that instead. It was $20 cheaper than the facial. Mostly it hurt as she worked the tensions out, but when she massaged above my ears, it felt really good. After the massage, we talked in her office and I paid her. We talked about lots of other methods that we had read about. She hugged me and I left. I drank some of the ginger water in my water bottle. Then I drove to the Asian store down the street for a young coconut. I also got a Korean sweet potato, and some mushrooms. I took pics of other foods that looked interesting, but I wanted to look them up before buying any. I paid and drove home. I drank the rest of the ginger water and mowed in the back yard. The mower battery did not last long because the grass was high and I stepped it down a notch. Still, I thought I would have gotten farther. I pulled weeds in the squash bed, including the dead squash vines:( I ate the rest of the nut cheese and put the jar in the dishwasher. A few others things went in, and then I ran the dishwasher. While washing my hands, I noticed the UPS truck out in front. I opened the front door and found 4 boxes on the front porch. Some were squashed and all the contents were hot. I emptied the boxes and put the contents (supplements) in the fridge to cool off. Then I sat in the diningroom to listen to another memory audio while taking notes for my blog. I searched the house for a backpack for tomorrow. I found one but did not think it was the one I used at Paducah. So I looked some more. I found a tent, but no poles. I mowed again even though the mower had not fully recharged. Daylight was fading. Then it was time to stuff the backpack: water bottles, and a fanny pack. I put the most necessary things from my purse in the fanny pack. I washed 5 apples and put them in a lunch sack with a container of cashews. I tried to decide which glasses to take. I set my phone alarm for 5:45. I looked up the Chattanooga Convention Center so I can feel less lost when I get there. I emptied the dishwasher. I put on a meditation audio and laid in bed, listening, until Chris skyped. I talked to him briefly but the connection was so bad we ended it early. I posted to my blog and went back to bed.

No comments: