Monday, June 1, 2015

Offer and counter offer


Alarm went off at 7:30. I did not want to get up, but eventually I did. I swished and exercised. I washed up and made breakfast. I got dressed and warmed up my voice. Then we went to church. I got out of the car with my glasses on and choir music ready. But the 8 am service was running long. I sat and talked to Cecelia. Then we filed into the back of the church and sang the song “The Lord bless you and keep you.” Then we filed out and they sang their last hymn. Chris and I came home and I ate breakfast and read e-mail. I read an article on root canals. Teeth are more like a sponge than a rock. It is almost impossible to completely seal it off from infection or to seal the infection off from the rest of the body. “The same bacteria found in the root canal teeth and in gum disease are found in the plaques in coronary arteries and in the blood clots that caused the heart attack.” Dr. Kulacz
I rinsed the seeds which were starting to sprout. At 10:05 we went back to church. I practiced the anthem with the choir. I sat with Mr. Cox and he told me he knew from the first time he saw his wife that she was the one for him. The service went long because of the Athenasian creed. We sang an anthem and at the end, a blessing. After the service, I signed for loose cash, and talked to several people. Mrs. Cook wanted to know what size pillow forms she needed. Then we went to Publix for groceries. We brought them home and put them away. I ate something for lunch. Parker called to say we had a new offer. We talked about that until I had to go count the offering. I drove to church and got out the printing calculator. We listed all the checks and made sure everything went to the right accounts. It all tallied the first time. Then I went home. Chris and I talked and I called Parker back. We set up a counter offer and made it official in an e-mail. I read e-mail while Chris boiled beef bones and oxtail. Then I went out to mow. When I came in, the Brussels sprouts were ready. We ate them with the beef. When the sweet potatoes were done, we each ate half of one. Parker called back with their counter to our counter and we countered again. Then we went down to watch episodes of X-files. We came up about 10:30. It was raining so I put out the collection tubs. I almost caught up on the Sudoku puzzles. I rinsed the seeds again. I blogged and went to bed.
* Today is Michele's birthday. She is at a convention dressed as Snake Pliskin. I wish I had a picture of that. Instead, I have this one that my father took on Tuesday. *

No comments: