Monday, September 14, 2015

Back to the quilts

I stayed in bed through the alarm. Then I got up to see what all the noise was. It was the yard crew across the street mowing and trimming. There is no rhyme or reason to when they work. I checked e-mail and swished. I did my exercises and listened to an audio. I did some tapping. I noticed the moving van at a neighbor's house. I practiced my trombone. I realized I had forgotten to feed my pets. So I gave them a fresh jar of milk, and set the kefir out to curdle. After juicing, meditating, I made and ate breakfast. I pinned the edges of Kurt's quilt, folded it up and went to quilting. I told the ladies what a great weekend I had. I bought eggs from Leona because I had ordered them two weeks ago. I spent the afternoon machine-stitching the new backing on, and then started handquilting the binding to the back. Every one left but Lauri. She told me about a series of books featuring Aunt Dimity writing from beyond the grave. I showed her how to miter a corner. Then Dad called to ask how to get to a link I sent him. We talked until he was able to access the article. Then I packed up and went home so if he needed to call back, I would be at my computer. I placed my phone in my fanny pack and went out to rake pinecones in the yard. I dumped them in the back. Then I got the keys to the riding mower. I mowed the front, back and both sides of the yard. Then I went in for supper. I ate the last of the beef tongue, and a salad with sprouts and sunflower seeds. I read e-mail and listened to audios. I was listening to music and reading about the Edmund Fitzgerald, when Steven skyped me. I also talked to MaryAnn. Then Chris skyped me unexpectedly. As it turns out, the transportation to the ceremony in Incheon got canceled and he wasn't informed until too late to make other arrangements. After the call, I finished my audio and cleared a few more e-mails before I posted to my blog, fed my pets, and went to bed.
* This is Lauri's quilt, hanging off the table with the sun shining through it. *

No comments: