Sunday, September 13, 2015

What a day!

I got up to shut off my alarm, then went back to bed. No one else seemed to be up. Later it occurred to me that as the hostess perhaps I should be the first one up. So I wandered out to the kitchen to empty the dishwasher as quietly as possible. But Mary heard me and came out to help. Celeste came upstairs from sleeping in the basement. I made coffee for her. I also put some filtered water on to heat for tea. Mary brought me a packed of an herbal drink mix and asked for my opinion. I needed my magnifier lamp to read it, but the electricity was off so the light did not work. I checked the breaker box and it was fine. Not too much longer it came back on. Silvia got the little ipod going. I tripped over the wire, and knocked the decaying batteries out. I wanted her to have it since it did not work for me. Celeste cooked pot stickers. Then I cooked up some duck eggs sunny side up and hard boiled. After we ate, I saw Celeste out in my back yard talking to another woman. It turned out to be Barbara from next door. I was glad to see her up and around since I had not seen her in over a year and had been worried. Her husband was feeding my branch pile into his chipper shredder. Later she agreed to take our picture with Linda's camera. The ladies packed up and got some baggies of samples – like DE, and soap nuts, and Himalayan salt. They packed their car with luggage and a few things they found on my donate pile. Silvia said she was interested in my car if the sale did not go through. We went next door so Barbara could take our picture. They expressed interest in digging up some bulbs but it was getting late. I invited them to come back next month. I was so glad they came, and so sorry to see them go. After they left, I called Art to see when he wanted to count the offering. He said at 3, so I glanced at e-mail, trying to delete but Yahoo or the laptop wouldn't let me. I tried to get on the desktop, but it had completely shut down when the electricity went off. I booted it up, but it was time to go. When I got there, Heather told me the bouncy house was still there from the earlier Rally Day celebration. I said I really wanted to try it since there weren't any when I was a kid, but I had come to count the money. I got the calculator and met Art. We went through the process. I made several mistakes, but corrected them, and we were done in an hour. After I put the calculator back, they reminded me about the blow-up bouncy house. So I took off my shoes and had a ball. It wasn't as good as a trampoline and I think it needed more people to make it firmer and bouncier. But I had a good time and crawled up the ladder and slid down the slide. It was fun, but at one point I realized it wasn't the best for my ankle. Shannon said I could cross it off my bucket list. I gave her the massage therapy certificate and she promised to use it. Then I went to Publix for groceries. I wondered about my ankle and the magnet was gone. When I got home, I changed clothes, and put the food away. I put on a new magnet, and washed up in the kitchen. Then I used the push mower to do the ditches, and inside fence, and around the perimeter. I kept going until it needed a recharge. I say I don't like to mow, but the evidence suggests otherwise. I mixed some cinnamon and raw cacao powder with the remaining sweet potato casserole for supper. I tried to clear e-mail but Yahoo would not let me delete it. I did the Sudoku for this weekend. I played music from the '70s and '80s, when I heard Blinded by the Light. I had to look up the lyrics. I had to agree with one commenter that the lyrics are like a Rorschach test – you hear and interpret them based on your own thoughts and background. I tried to read a pdf in a previously open window, but did not get far before coming across another song I had to look up. Then Chris skyped me. He said he could not skype me tomorrow because he would be in Incheon for the celebration of an historical event. We talked about getting the table to download e-mail. Although we did not figure it out, something happened and it started working. I deleted a few e-mails that way. Then the laptop was able to delete e-mail as if nothing had happened. ??? I decided it was time to go to bed.
* Look what I got for Christmas yesterday. A really nice one, too *

No comments: