Saturday, September 26, 2015

Shoe-shopping good

I got up to turn the alarm off then laid back down but that did not last long. I practiced my trombone music for tomorrow. I made copy of a page of quilting instructions for Lauri. I started the router and laptop, then put on an audio. I swished while I skimmed the cheese and freshened the milk. I drank water, and started the laundry. I did the weekend Sudoku puzzle. I stacked the dishwasher. I added things to my to-do list. I juiced, and listened to audio (Evolution of Medicine) instead of meditating. I made and ate breakfast. I put a few last things in the dishwasher and ran it. I brought up the first load of laundry and dressed the bed. I put on my thick shoes and went to the garage. I unplugged the battery from the charger and put it in the lawn mower. I opened the garage door, and.... it started to rain. Ok, fine. There was a vac in the donation pile. It was missing a hose, but I made a plug for the opening so that the suction would be directed to the bottom. I pulled it off the donation pile to use at the very end of packing, probably to be left behind. I took the next load from the dryer. I ironed the hem of a pair of shorts that keeps riding up, and a dishcloth that was so crumpled that I could not fold it. I folded all the rest of the laundry and put it away. I updated my spreadsheet lists with what went in UB and what I wish had gone in UB. I went to Fleetfeet. They put my name on a waiting list to be fitted for shoes. That was my first clue to how expensive they are. But as I walked around the store, someone came up to me and offered to assist. So I let her. She asked me questions and measured my feet. She brought me a pair of shoes to try on and walk on the treadmill. Then she showed me a slowmotion version of my feet walking. She pointed out the walking pattern and I could see how my toes turn out quite far while I am walking. She told me what kind of support she recommended. Then she brought me several other pairs of shoes. I walked in them and picked the most comfortable one. Then, even though I had told her that I wanted a neutral color shoe, not some neon modern art wanna-be, I had noticed some on the wall that were actually kind of pretty. I chose two and she brought them out. I tried them on and liked them but still the previous pair were still the most comfortable and I bought them. She said that shoes do not have much arch support but I could buy inserts for that. The inserts ran about $50 so I declined. I brought my new shoes home and got the mail: Netflix and a tax bill for the house in Atlanta. I sewed the tag/label onto the hexecontahedron. I listened to several short audios. I unstacked the dishwasher. I went to the garage to find boxes to sort stuff into. I did not find the flattened boxes, but I did find an external floppy drive unit. Yay? Hope it works. I skyped Kurt to talk about it and he did not have a port that it would fit. Then Marjory called and we talked until Chris skyped me. I talked to him until he sang me a song and his computer crashed. Then I got on the desktop to scan a copy of a bill to send him. Steven skyped me. We talked for about half an hour and then I posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: