Wednesday, September 30, 2015

But I'm much better now

It was a rough night. I won't go into detail, but I had put a surgical drape on the bed, covered with a towel, and as it turned out, I needed it. I threw the towel in the shower to deal with in the morning. I got another piece of plastic and a towel, but did not need it. I got up often to make sure it did not happen again. In the morning, my back was a little better but still iffy. I did some self-hypnosis to relax the muscles and heal whatever the problem was. The alarm sounded and shut off. I got up when I was ready. I turned on the laptop and router. I cleaned my touch pad. I got out my detox sheet to follow it. I noticed that my timer would stop ticking every so often so I had to tap it to start it again. I wondered if Wednesday mornings were taking longer because the timer was inaccurate. I got out another timer. I listened to several audios on the desktop because it has louder speakers. I wish I could run the laptop sound through the sound system in the living room. I ate the apple I set out last night. I took a shower and put all the towels in the wash. I drank a quart of water and filled a water bottle for later. I got dressed and listened to another audio until it was time to go. I went to my massage therapist. Even though I went to the bathroom to begin with, I had to go again in the middle of it. She used hot stones on my back and legs, highlighting my lower back. We had a nice talk afterward. Then I went straight home. I ate some fried spleen with ghee: nah. It was better with goat cheese, and outstanding with kimchee. I gave the grains fresh milk. I got the fry pan out of the fridge and heated it up. I peeled and sliced and fried the other jicama, then added a few eggs for good measure. I left it covered to cook while I checked e-mail. I changed my shorts for pants because the weather was cooler and kind of rainy. I dug up the avocado tree from the compost pile and put it in a pot. I watered it and some other plants. I noticed that my squash was gone. It wasn't ripe but I guess I should have picked it anyway. I brought up a bag of Jen's things and put her tapping book in it. I took it to the car along with the avocado tree. When I got to choir, I left them in the car. The choir was already gathered so maybe my watch was late. We spent most of our time on one song for two weeks from now. Then we sang Happy Birthday to Mary, our organist. Ed brought a cake. Elaine and I did not partake. After practice, I left Jen's stuff by her car and came home. There were no spiders waiting for me. I jotted notes for my blog. Cecily had forwarded a copy of Christy's obit, but I had trouble reading it. I browsed TEDx talks waiting for Chris to skype me. I starting with one on the 4th state of water, and it was so interesting that I just kept watching others that came up. Then he came on, late from a meeting. We hadn't talked long when the call dropped. I called back but he did not answer. His computer had crashed. When it came back up, I called him. We talked for a short while, but by then he had another meeting to go to. I gave him my best 'sad face' but it did no good. After the call, I finished the last TED talk, then posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: