Monday, September 28, 2015

Fried and salted


I got up soon after 8, having done my mental warm-ups. I discovered that the pot I left to cook all night was cold even though the stove light was on. I turned up the heat and when it was hot, put it in a jar and into the fridge it went. I swished, turned on router and laptop, then checked e-mail. I watched a video, and exercised. I took out the garbage, then watched The Claw truck pick up the pile of branches. I watched another video and read more e-mail. I washed the pot and some other large items. I packed three floppies in an envelope, weighed them, and looked up the postage. Because they are thicker than ¼ inch, the price was higher than regular first class postage. That's the USPS for you. But I just stuck the stamps on and was glad not to have to go to the post office. I juiced lettuce and carrots and a pepper. It did not make enough juice so I juiced the 4 orange beets from the grocery store. I included the tops and it just wasn't good. I skimmed the cheese from the whey and gave L and B fresh milk. I looked up space bags on Amazon so we can bring our pillows with us on the plane. I made and ate breakfast. Then I got dressed and went to quilting. There were only 4 ladies there and two of them soon left. I worked on Kurt's quilt, finishing the binding and then adding some quilting to hold it all together. I realized it needed washing. Lauri and I stayed until after 5. I asked her if she would eat goat cheese and she said she would try it. Sheryl showed up near the end and then I had to go. When I got home, I put a large fry pan on the stove and dumped a goodly amount of coconut oil in it. Then I sliced up the remaining half of Jicama thinking to fry the slices like potato chips. I also cut up the spleen in small slices and added them to the pan. The potato chip idea did not work, but frying the spleen was an improvement. As the food industry knows, if you fry something crispy enough and add enough salt, it will be edible. So I had some for supper, then made a salad. I meditated for almost an hour. I read e-mail and washed up in the kitchen. I watched the last part of Parade's End. It wasn't a particularly satisfying ending. I prepared the DVD to go back to Netflix. I taped a box together and went down to my sewing room to fill it. Then I got out the sewing machine that Heather returned. I had a little trouble at first, but got it straightened out. I put it in its mailing box and then wondered what I should shove in with it. Fabric, of course, but what notions? I sat down to make a list, knowing that it will be the only thing that arrives before I do. But I had to keep some things for use before I leave. About 9:40 I went up to see if Chris was on. I cleared two e-mails and then he skyped me. We talked, he gave me another tour of several rooms. He sang me a song and then he had to go back to work. I posted to my blog, and went to bed.

No comments: