Thursday, September 10, 2015

Cleaning


I was awake and doing mental programming when the alarm went off. It was hard to hear over the window fan in the diningroom. I told myself over and over that cleaning is fun and easy. And there is lots of room for improvement around here. I started cleaning the in the bathroom right after I tweezed my eyebrows. Before I finished, I had moved into the kitchen. I got dressed and put Netflix in the mail, and the recyclables at the street. I swept the front porch. It had rained, so I brought in the collection tubs and cleaned them after filtering the water into a pot to boil. I checked the cheese but it was still too soft to collect. With the windows open, it was cooler than normal so it needed more time. I practiced my trombone and turned on the router. I was not sure being connected to the internet was a good idea if I wanted to be productive. I read that a local quilt shop is going out of business and having a sale. There was no mention of how good a sale it was so I made no plans to go. I went around the family rooms pulling down cobwebs. I cleared out the kitchen floor and part of the den. I juiced, but forgot to exercise. I listened to an audio while cleaning up the juicer. I skimmed off the cheese and made up vitamin supplements for the week. I made breakfast and ate it. I could have stayed home, but promised Betty I would be at quilting today. I brought all the blocks from last week so Betty could see them. Two more blocks came in and she laid them out on the floor to see. Others crowded around to see, too. One lady brought me some license plates to choose from. I bought an Arizona and a New Mexico. She did not have a Texas so I promised to send her a pic when the ones MaryAnn sent came in (Thanks, MaryAnn). Little did I realize that they were sitting in my mailbox the whole time. I found them when I got home. I also found that I had left my sewing crate behind. On the way home I chanted, “I love driving stick”, over and over. But when I realized I had to go back, it did not ring true. I brought in the mail. There was a new air filter for the riding mower and I installed it. Then I took my car to go get the crate. Then I mopped the kitchen floor and toweled it dry (silly floor that can't stand getting wet). With a rag, I wiped everything near the floor, and then did around the sink and window sill. I even washed the step stool. I flavored some goat cheese and ate it. I looked for small chocolate bars from Green & Black, but I found ones from Ghirardelli. I scanned some pages from a RowbyRow pattern into the computer. I pulled the sheets and pillowcases off the beds, added towels that might be dusty and put them in the wash. I spray basted a new back onto kurt's quilt. I took stuff out to the car. I put the boiled rainwater in a jar. I ran into a math problem on Quora and could not stop myself from working it, I ate some fruit and nuts. I put the sheets in the dryer and filled the washer with small rugs. I swept the den rug and rolled it up. I swept and mopped under it. I took a break to listen to a short audio. I wrote an e-mail to Chris' friend, Josh. I put on the efficiency CD and went back to cleaning. I scrubbed the tub, first with baking soda and then with a blade. It was looking pretty awful when I quit because my back needed a break. I read some e-mail waiting for Chris to skype, and then remembered that he said he would be in Daegu all day and not available. I read some e-mail, and put on an old music playlist from Youtube. then went back to the tub. I wiped the scum out and then rinsed it. It must have been clean, but the bottom was still looking yellow. I put the sheets and pillow cases back on the beds. I fed the kefir grains. I posted to my blog, stopped the music, and went to bed.
* These are Fran's blocks. She recently lost her husband. *

No comments: