Friday, September 11, 2015

I needed that massage

I woke up early. I decided to use the time to stay in bed and tap, but the tapping had the effect of getting me started on cleaning. I cleaned up the guest bed, putting the extra clothing in suitcases in the closet. I called Linda to find out if they were staying until Sunday. I brought the rugs up from the dryer. I did not want to put them on dirty floors so I had scrubbing to do. I emptied the bathroom so I could scrub the toilet and the floor. That was more than was necessary, but I figured it won't get cleaned again like that before I move. I drank a quart of water. I wrote a list of things I wanted to get done today. I cleaned in Chris' bathroom. When I opened his medicine cabinet, it was awful. I don't know if it was like that when we moved in and I did not catch it, or what happened. I just closed it again. I scrubbed that toilet and floor, too. I put sweet potatoes in the oven to cook. I forgot to exercise again. I skimmed the cheese from the whey. I juiced zucchini and cucumber. Steven called me on skype and we talked for a few minutes. Then I made my breakfast and two more for tomorrow and Sunday. I ate breakfast while taking notes for my blog and checking e-mail. Pinterest kindly gave me tips on how to clean grout. The sun was out, so I took 20 minutes to sunbathe and water the plants. Then I showered, and vacuumed I picked up here and there. I looked for my bread recipe, but could not find it. I found one on the internet, but it was time to leave. I grabbed a small jar of goat cheese, and water in a water bottle. Then I went to my massage appt. She worked longer than usual. I did not think I had the time to spare, but was not going to stop her! It felt so good, except for the left ear. Afterward, she ate the goat cheese in her office and gave me the jar back. Was that why she gave me extra time? She looked in my left ear, and said it might have been inflammed. ,She set up appointments through October. And I got a gift certificate for a friend. Finally the eggs had arrived, so I bought a dozen. When I went out, I saw that it had rained. I brought in the mail, and raked the front sidewalk. I got a batch of bread going, and looked for my sweet potato casserole recipe. All I found was my blog entry but there was no reference to amounts, only that I added more cranberries the next day. I looked up recipes online to get an idea of amounts. Chris skyped me and we talked for almost 45 minutes. Then I made up some numbers for the recipe and put the ingredients in a bowl and mashed them together. I stuck the bowl in the fridge for tomorrow. I vacuumed in the bedrooms and hallway. Mary called to say they were in Carolton. I did not know how far away it was. I told her the front porch light was on motion-sensor so it would not be on when they were driving up. I took some stuff downstairs and noticed two spiders I had not seen before. For some reason they bothered me more than most, so I sprayed them with the closest thing at hand – Elmers spray glue. I guess they'll be sticking around for awhile. I practiced my trombone. I cleaned off the diningroom table (quite the feat) and put down a fresh tablecloth and placemats. I placed the cooled loaf of bread in a bag in the fridge. I refreshed the milk for the kefir grains and left the whey out to form cheese. I cleared the kitchen table too. Then I posted to my blog and planned to tap until my guests arrived.
* These are Rhonda's blocks for her block-of-the-month project *

No comments: