Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Scammed on Facebook

I was woken from deep sleep by my phone ringing. It was Transportation calling to ask me to come to post to sign papers for baggage shipping and storing. I listened to an audio interview: yawning and stretching resets the brain. I exercised, then put a check in the mail. I drove to post to the Transportation office. We discussed weight limits and reviewed the different regulations. They agreed to ship 8000 pounds. I left really late and considered skipping the library, but was glad I did. The library was closed until January (unexpected repairs), so I dropped the DVD in the book drop and went to quilting. Most of the ladies were gone, but Terry was there. I hadn't seen her in a long time. Afterward, I went to Asian store for kimbap. On the way home I thought about how maybe having a blog with 'Korean' in the title attracted that into my reality. So I considered changing my blog name to “our Caribbean adventure” or even”our lunar adventure” (how cool would THAT be?). When I got home, I ate the kimbap with kimchi while reading e-mail. I spot-treated the backing fabric and threw it in the washer. I washed the goat milk jars. When the backing was done, I ironed part of it dry, then ran to the farmer's market with the jars to exchange them for full ones. The vendors were very talkative today, especially the meat lady and the milk lady. I also got hydroponic lettuce and romaine, and cucumbers, squash and zucchini from another stand. Then I came home and put it all away. I put two beef tongues (one from today and one from the freezer) in the crock pot. I was tempted to put in more to fill it, but it takes me too long to eat that much. I made and ate breakfast. Then I mixed some coconut cream, powdered raw cacao, coconut flakes, pecan meal and a 'cutie' for dessert. I watched a tapping video. I went down to finish ironing the quilt backing. Then I cleared off the pingpong table and brushed it. I laid out Kurt's quilt and put paper under all the edges. Then I spread the backing over the back of the quilt. I figured I would have to handsew the split parts to be sure they laid flat under the new backing. I changed my clothes and went to the Stewardship meeting. It was short. On the way home, I asked myself how I would pack if ease was my top consideration. When I got home, the porch light came on and I could see there was no spider. That was good news. I ate some of the tongue. I checked e-mail and texted Kurt. My cousin's wife messaged me on Facebook to say she had received money from Zuckerburg and I was on that list too. The whole thing sounded wrong, so I checked in my friend list, and her name and pic appeared twice so I figured it was an impersonation. Chris skyped and we talked about what happened at the transportation office. Then I read about people's experiences with TSA locks being cut off rather than unlocked. Many recommended zipties, but I am wondering what the passengers used to cut them off with at their destination since we are not allowed to carry scissors on the plane. I put the beef tongues and broth in a large jar in the fridge, then washed the crock pot. I posted to my blog, and then fed my pets and went to bed.
* This is the other side of my red pillowcase for carrying the red pulpit cloth *

No comments: