Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Another cold day

I got up late, thinking that the recyclables could wait until next week, and trying to get a little more sleep. The night sweats had kept me awake again. I got up before 9 and heard the recycle truck come by. I weighed myself and I was 5 lbs lighter than last week. I drank water and cleared e-mail and then I swished while listening to an audio from the Heal Your Gut summit. I exercised. I dressed warmly and went walking up the hill. I did not take the trail because I wanted to stay in the sun as much as possible. When I got back, I took three vit C packets, and made breakfast. But I ate seed crackers instead. I made more mix and put it in the oven. When it was cooked, I turned the oven off and left it to crisp up. Chris came home for lunch. He brought me two boxes. One had castor oil. I put it on the skin above my ear. I put the other supplements away. Swansons was offering 25% off their brand so I placed another order. I tried to order thyme essential oil, but they would not ship it. I bundled up and put three sets of yellow garbage bags in my handbag. I walked to Elizabeth's house to drop them off. She was not home so I just left them on her porch. Then I went to the post office to mail the latest package. I was shocked when it cost almost $1 more than last week. Apparently the price of flat rate boxes has been raised. Did anyone know about this? Or did the post office just raise prices on a whim? From there, I walked home. I read more e-mail and studied the image of the quilt I chose as our first QOV. The dimensions don't seem to fit the requirements on their site. Each block is made of 5 strips. If they are cut 2 1/2 inches, then the top is 40 by 60 before borders. But the minimum size is 55 by 65. That means the border would have to be at least 8 inches. The border looks to be 3 x (width of strips). If the strips are cut to 3 inches, the whole thing works out to 78 by 108, exceeding their cut off. I chose 2 ¾. I spent over an hour filling empty capsules with a mixture of turmeric and pepper, and a little coconut oil since that is supposed to make it more absorbable. I also made up some capsules of N-AC. Chris still hadn't come home. I heated up a bowl of chicken soup for supper. I read e-mail and listened to an audio or two. I was listening to a meditation when he came home. When I was done, I found him polishing his shoes in the bedroom. I laid in bed and read a book while he ate supper. Then we watched three episodes of Castle. I applied some lavender oil and vetiver to the back of my neck and went to bed.
* Here is a third picture from the market *

No comments: