Thursday, January 28, 2016

First QOV meeting

Chris got up at his usual time. I got up soon after my alarm sounded. I drank water and cleared my e-mail. I took a shower and got dressed. I struggled with Excel to print a sign-in sheet. Then I added to the notes for the meeting and sent them to the desktop to print out. I put all my strips and papers in my music tote. I bundled up, picked up my yoga mat, and headed to the chapel. SoYoung called to say she wasn't coming because she needed someone to sign her on to the base. Myra and Nela were waiting inside the chapel, while the classroom was being heated. Anna joined them while I reserved the room for next Wednesday. Then we went in together. Myra had brought her cutting tools which she laid on the table. Linda came and so did Ivy, with her cute new grandson. Ivy brought me two middle blocks and the extra fabric. No one came from Busan. I used my notes to make sure I covered all the points. I demonstrated how to straighten the edge of fabric and cut strips and sew them, and cut blocks. We talked about meeting weekly, etc. Then 4 of us headed to yoga. The man who reserved the room for me flagged me down to say Command was using it next week so he would put us in the other room. Then we walked to the gym. Joelle led us in new yoga poses. Anna was very good. She could do the twisted crow. I couldn't even do regular crow pose. I did do a half-head stand. I could not do the back bend: When I put my hands flipped back beside my ears on the mat and pushed up, there was no strength in my arms. Gotta work on my triceps. As we walked toward home, I suggested going up the mountain, but then there were rain drops, so we didn't go. Once home, I made and ate breakfast. I listened to an interview from the Fat Summit: Separating Fat from Fiction. I put away all the fabric lying out in my sewing room. I studied the Korean lesson from last week. Jane called to say her base card had expired so she could not sign in until 5. I did not want her waiting for an hour and a half, so I took two umbrellas and walked down to the gate to sign her in. We walked back, and I gave her the usual glass of milk and slice of bread for a snack. She does two hours of line dancing on Thursdays so she was hungry. Then I showed her how to do the quilt blocks. While we worked together, she told me Korean words. Then when Chris came home, I told him I had signed her in and would have to sign her out after Bible Study. He told me I had to go with her to Bible Study because that is part of signing someone on base. She wanted to go at 6:30 for the free supper. But Chris was cooking salmon for me. So Chris came up with the idea of signing her out right then and letting her sign back on through the Bible Study list. It was raining as Chris drove us to the gate house. I signed her out, but she could not sign back in because her name was not on the list. She called the chaplain and he said he would send someone down for her. She told us not to wait to go back home. Since there wasn't a good parking space, we left. The salmon was ready when we got back. Chris said he did not like salmon, so I ate one piece and he put the rest away. We read e-mail, and I watched videos of life hacks. That led to a top 10 inventions list. On that list there was a pen that can write in any color after scanning it. In the photo, the pen scanned an orange, and then wrote an orange line. I searched Amazon but could not find it. Then I chose Entrapment for our nightly movie. I had seen it before, but did not understand how it all fit together in the end. And I still didn't seeing it again because I fell asleep during the movie. Chris got me up and I went to bed without posting to my blog. I slept well at first, but then the night sweats started. With all this sweating, who needs a sauna?

No comments: