Monday, January 4, 2016

Too hot to handle

I woke up several times during the night. Chris got up not long before my alarm went off. I got up to shut it off and went back to bed. But sleep would not come, so I did some sit-ups and that gave me the energy to get up. I boiled water for coffee. I exercised and swished. I listened to audios and guided meditations. Nela called to go walking but I wasn't ready so they went without me. When I finished with my coffee morning routine, I cleaned the kitchen. Then I got dressed and walked up the mountain, stopped at the exercise stations on the way. I returned in half an hour. Chris arrived for lunch just after I got back. He had two packages, both held powdered health foods. I made and ate breakfast. I was listening to an audio when a man from housing arrived. Chris had requested a new light bulb and he came to replace it. He replaced all the bulbs in the fixture with 40 watts. It was dimmer. But I checked one of the old bulbs and it looked like 40 watt but I could not be sure. Then I showed him the light in the sewing room which was so dim. I requested higher wattage bulbs but he said it wasn't rated for that. He replaced the old bulbs with new ones and it was brighter. Then he checked the sinks and found a slow one in the master bath. He tried to get the stopper out but it would not come. Then he asked if I wanted the filter to go in the other shower and I said it was ok in the master bath. I thanked him and he left. I swept the bare floors with a broom. Then I damp mopped. There was still dust. Sigh. I put peppermint oil on the skin above my ear. It cooled the itch down a bit. I watched a video called Your Second Fifty (years) while cracking and peeling acorns. I threw the shells outside. I tested the batteries in my CD player, but the tester wasn't working. Then I cleaned the CD because it looked dirty or scratched. I cut two pieces of quilted fabric together, and then stitch-and-flipped strips over top of it. I put binding on one end, then folded it in half, sewed around it and turned it right side out. Turning it was a real bear. But then I had a pot handle holder (see pic). I moved some items to the shed. I tapped on being uncomfortable with productivity. Seems odd, but something about being too productive is scary for me. I plugged headphones into the computer tower and played a guided meditation. Chris came home just after I started it. When it was over, I got up to greet him. We ate supper. I tried to google what I had copied in Korean from the market, but could not find those 'letters'. Later we started watching a movie neither of us remembered seeing: Molly and Lawless John. But it was not good, so we stopped it and put on Patriot Games (with Harrison Ford). While it played, I got up several times to refill my mug with ginger/turmeric tea. Chris asked me how it tasted. Well, it doesn't seem to matter whether I put slices of ginger, or turmeric or both in. All tastes the same. I hope it is doing me some good. I put a delta wave CD in the player to help me sleep tonight.

No comments: