Saturday, January 16, 2016

Star Wars

Chris got up first and gave me a coconut oil massage. Then he took a shower. I stayed in bed to keep warm, but finally got up, too. I read e-mail and listened to an interview. Chris got a call from work and had to leave. I exercised and listened to a second interview. Nela called to invite me to an early dinner with a group of women at a restaurant at Lotte Mart. Then I got bundled up. I noticed the zipper was tearing out of my coat. I quickly re-threaded my machine and sewed it up. Then I walked up the mountain, stopping at exercise stations. When I got back, I made and ate breakfast. Swansons was running a one-day special so I made a small order. I washed some dishes and wiped the counter tops. I vortexed the water in several containers. I screwed a handle onto a long ruler that I bought more than a month ago. I swept the floor. I filled three containers with water from the shower filter. I took a shower. I tried on several tops trying to decide which one to wear. Korean places tend to be warm inside so I chose a short-sleeve top, but paired it with a scarf since the neck was scooped. The scarf was a panel that I bought in Masan. There wasn't time to hem it, but it looked ok anyway. I put on my coat and shoes, and jotted notes for my blog. I walked down to the corner and saw Myra coming from her place and Chris coming home from work. I kissed him, and then followed Myra over to Nela's place. Alica was waiting for us. We picked up two more women and then headed off post. Driving to Lotte Mart, we passed a car of other women going to the same place. We parked on top of Lotte Mart and walked to the restaurant inside. There were little tables arranged in two's and three's but the ladies put them in a big circle so we could all sit together. Then the staff put them back, claiming it was a firehazard because an exit. In the end, someone got permission to move the tables again, this time in one big unit which we sat around. Then we waited for a few more people before heading to the buffet. I was expecting Korean food but it wasn't, really. More of a mix, and not an impressive one. I took a little bit of what seemed safest. I had a good time chatting with the other women. I found out that it was a good-bye party for someone I hadn't met yet. The party started to break up about 6:30. A number of ladies wanted to go on to karaoke, but I was meeting Chris to see the new Star Wars movie. So I caught a ride back with the wife of the projectionist. We parked at the theatre which was so convenient. Chris was waiting for me and we sat in the theater to wait since I was a little early. And it was worth waiting for, if a little long. Ok, very long. But it was good. Although they need to bring back one of the guys who died. I mean, there are two more movies. After the movie, we walked out to Chris' car and drove back to our duplex. I got online to look up Carrie Fisher because her voice sounded odd in the movie. I did not find anything about that, but I ended up watching an HBO special she did, humorizing her life. It was over an hour long, so I did not watch it all. We dressed the bed, which Chris had stripped earlier to wash the sheets. He went to bed and I stayed up to post to my blog.
* Here is one of the offerings on the buffet. *

No comments: