Saturday, January 9, 2016

The Brownie experiment

I woke up with a really sore throat. But Chris did not, which surprised me since he had a tickle yesterday, and as far as I know, he did not do anything to treat it. So I drank my usual quart of vinegar water and added clove and ginger essential oils. I boiled my toothbrush before using it. I swished. I listened to an audio while sucking down 5 grams of Vitamin C. I made and ate breakfast. I saw a news story on adult coloring books craze. Firefox announced an update. So I let it update. But then it would not run. So I had to reboot my computer. We took a walk down by the gym and then up the mountain. I did not want to push myself too hard while being less than 100%. When we got back, I listened to an interview on grounding. Chris took the tree out to the shed, without folding it back in the box. Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. I stayed in bed, holding the grounding cord and dozing. When I got up, I could smell pork in the oven. Chris stripped the bed and washed the sheets. I ate some pork with black pepper (having read that it is good for congestion). I meditated. I drank some ginger/turmeric tea. I worked in my sewing room on the red project, sipping water. Chris decided to make brownies for tomorrow. But we did not have enough butter, so he used coconut oil. When he took the brownies out of the oven, the cake part was swimming in chocolate coconut oil. Chris poured it off. What was left looked not so good. We left it in the kitchen and got bundled up to go to a movie. Chris said that Star Wars episode VII was playing. Well, when we got there, no one was there. Chris went to the ticket counter and they told him that it was next week. Tonight's movie was The Secret at the Heart of the Sea. Chris did not want to see that. On the way back, I told him that if I died of pneumonia I would never speak to him again. He seemed to think that was ok, so I tried to think of something he would not like. I threatened to come back to haunt him as a mushroom. That struck us both as funny.
When we got back, we checked on the brownie experiment. It tasted fine, but the look and texture were really off. I checked e-mail for a little while and then decided to sew again. I did not get very far before he was ready to watch the rest of Arabian Nights. When that was over, he used my laptop to play a DVD with episodes of Big Bang Theory season 1. After a few of those, he called up some dueling cello's on Youtube playing Star Wars music. Ha, ha, but I still want to see the movie.
And then it was bedtime.

No comments: