Wednesday, January 6, 2016

First block done

We turned off the heat in the bedroom to see if I could sleep in a quieter environment. It was blessedly quiet all night, but I don't think I slept better and I still got hot and cold, not in flashes. Chris got up early. I turned the heat on while he was eating breakfast so it would be warmer for him to shower and dress. I listened to the heater as it came on. There seemed to be two settings: blowing on high and blowing on low. No off. Eventually the grating noise came back. I got up to shut off my alarm and went back to bed. I might have dozed. I got up just after 8 to assess the recyclable situation. There were not many of any, so I put out two of the four: paper and plastic. I swished with an herbal powder. I drank salt water after reading yesterday that it is used to reduce histamine levels. I read more about high histamine. It is recommended to avoid fermented foods for several weeks. I stood on the shower seat to fill containers with filtered water. I had to turn the water on and off with my foot because the filter head was so far above the handle. I sliced up some ginger and turmeric and put them in the coffee pot with water. I exercised and listened to an audio. I got dressed to go walking. I noticed that the ceiling heater was not blowing. So there is an 'off' setting. I set off down the trail. I stopped at the usual exercise stations. But I took the longer way home so I would pass Housing. I stopped in to ask for a rake, but there was no one there. I called out and no one answered. I came home. I made and ate breakfast as I read e-mail. Chris came home for lunch. I finished the Wednesday Sudoku puzzle. I put on some Christian music. I filled and started the bread machine. I made up a week's worth of supplements and made a list of those that needed refilling. I re-ordered those that weren't already on their way. I filed a postal inquiry on the Christmas presents that I ordered. I took a shower. I finished the block that I started yesterday. I worked on the red project. I noticed that 4 o'clock was coming soon and that might be when Housing closes. So I bundled up and walked down there. I did not see anyone, but when I called out, a young man came out to help me. He was happy to lend me a rake and leave a note for whoever was supposed to know about it. I raked immediately when I got home. I did not realize how much I missed raking. I raked everything to the right side of the sidewalk and piled it in the flower bed to decompose. I hoped that removing the leaves from Chris' pathway would cut down on the sweeping I have to do in the foyer. When I finished, I came in to check e-mail. My fingers were cold and the computer keyboard was nice and warm. I could smell bread baking in the kitchen. I made supper. Chris came home late and made his own supper. I made some herbal tea. We watched Top Gun on VHS. And then it was time for bed.

No comments: