Friday, January 15, 2016

Going out for dinner

I woke up with Chris. I stayed in bed while he ate breakfast. When he took a shower, I brought in the three water jugs to fill from the filter. Then I went back to bed. When I got up, it was almost 10. Ugg. I drank a quart of water and Myra called. She said she would come over and we would go walking. So while I waited, I read e-mail and put on an audio from the menopause summit. I made buckwheat tea. When she arrived, it was ready. We drank some tea and I showed her my sewing room. Then we went down the trail and up the mountain, stopping at the exercise stations. Then we came down the mountain behind my house so I could pick up my package and hit the restroom. We walked to the MWR building and up to the third floor where we found out that the Osan trip for tomorrow was canceled because one too few people were signed up. Myra talked to another lady and they agreed that they'd be willing to pay a little more to keep the trip from being canceled. We talked to the person behind the desk and she said she would talk to her boss. Then Myra went home and I went to the post office to mail my package. When I got home, I could see Chris had not come home for lunch. I read e-mail and finished the audio and listened to a second one. I made and ate breakfast. I boiled water to add humidity to the air. I threw in some quinoa that had been soaking for two days. I cleaned the bathroom and the water boiled down. I added more but some of the quinoa was burned. I rescued the rest and put it in the fridge. Chris came home from work early. He helped me formulate a post for the community facebook page for generating interest in a QOV group. I looked through years of my blog posts to find a good pic of a Quilt of Valor. Then he had to run to work for a quick something while I took a shower. I got dressed and was reading e-mail again when he returned. I bundled up and we went to the car. Burt got in the front seat with Chris. We followed his wife with their three kids in their van. They stopped in front of a Korean restaurant. Parking was easy, much to Burt's surprise. We were given a room to ourselves, although it was open above chair height. We ordered in 2's since I guess the meals were all to be shared. Anyway, the table was soon filled with plates and bowls. I could not tell what belonged to who and most of it was side dishes to be shared anyway. I ordered octopus skewers, which is what the two older boys got. But there was only plate of them. Still, there was plenty of food, plus rice and soup. The adults talked, or tried to. The youngest son was not happy, probably tired. He needed lots of attention. Finally she took him out to the car. We finished our meal and paid. Then we followed them up the mountain to Jinhae Dream Park. But it was closed so we turned around and headed back to base. When we got back, we checked the latest e-mail. I was hoping for responses to my QOV post, but all I got were 4 likes. No one said they wanted to join in. I messaged back and forth with Myra. I read e-mail and had some strawberries and chocolate. We watched “The Thirteenth Warrior” with Antonio Bandaras. I got one last message from Myra, and I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* I wish I had taken the pic before we ate. *

No comments: