Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The car has come

I woke up in bed alone. My heat source was up. Then I heard him skype his parents to wish his mother a happy birthday. So after a little while, I roused myself and came out to say hello. They are coming for a visit, either for Chris' birthday or for the cherry blossom festival. Chris got dressed and went to meet the van to Daegu to pick up his car. I drank water, then swished and exercised. I listened to an audio on exercise in menopause. I spritzed water all over the house. It was very dry and I thought maybe my throat is not sore so much as dry. Nela messaged me that we would meet at 10 to go walking. The temp was below freezing so I had my doubts. I ate the rest of the seed crackers. I read about a new baby item called Taggies, There was a tutorial so I saved it to my file. When the audio was over, I washed up and dressed warmly. I met them walking up towards my house. We walked the trail up the mountain, then around and down. We saw a place where the wild pigs dug up the ground under the trail. When we came around, we stopped to see the MWR classroom. It seemed like a good choice for a sewing class. But it is usually busy. We also checked upstairs (round tables) and in the chapel. The chapel classroom was very nice. The chaplain was there so we talked to him about the room and he was in favor of us using it. Then we looked in the MWR office building, mostly just to see what's there out of curiosity. Duffy's was having a sale on all their fixtures and stuff since they are moving. One young man proudly bought a huge fish head mounted on the wall. He couldn't wait to take it home and I figured he wasn't married. I wish I had taken a pic of it. We looked at all the glasses and wall fixtures and decorations, etc. I was somewhat interesting in the large beer umbrella but there was no way to make it stand up in the middle of a patio table. We saw Paul who is in charge of MWR so we talked to him and he was excited about our idea since he wants to start a program of leisure arts classes. Then we went to our respective homes. I made and ate breakfast, and listened to more interviews. I read e-mail. I finished one priority mail box and took it to the post office. I picked up our mail while I was there and came home. I did the Tuesday Sudoku puzzle but made a mistake somewhere. Chris came home from Daegu and then went to work. I spent the afternoon working on the red project and listening to selections from the Nutcracker. When Chris came home, I told him all about my day. Then we ate supper and read e-mail. I tried the Sudoku puzzle again. I prepared a box to go in the mail tomorrow. Chris ran the dishwasher. We tried to watch a VHS tape, but it wouldn't play. I took the case apart and back together, almost. Then we watched a movie called Johnny Mnemonic. A little gruesome for my taste. Chris went to bed and I tried to finish the puzzle but could not see well enough so late at night. I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* This is the part I assembled today. *

No comments: