Sunday, January 24, 2016

Hoping to sleep

I woke up hearing Chris on the phone with his parents. I got up to protest: that he should either invite me to the conversation, or be quiet enough that I did not awaken. I saw that it had snowed, though not so much as back in the states. I went back to bed until he left for church. I deleted e-mail, and put on an interview. I drank water, swished, and emptied dishwasher. I started a loaf of bread. I broke up pecans with my hands to add when the bread machine beeped. I went to take a shower and noticed how dirty the toilet was so I cleaned the toilet. Then I took a shower and got dressed. I ate some seed cracker. Chris came home. I bundled up and he drove me to church. I sat with Jane but then she jumped up to help someone. So I did not get to give her the piece of seed cracker that I wrapped up for her. The service started with three songs, but they were all modern and I did not know any of them. Then we gathered around three small tables in the back to have communion and talk about how we can use our gifts to serve. We came back to our seats for the sermon. It was very historical. I learned more about the story of the servants with 10 talents than I imagined was there. After the benediction, the chaplain gave announcements and asked if there was anything else. Jane nudged me and talked about sewing class, so I had to stand up and explain. Then the chaplain talked about how glad he was that FON was having a gathering at the chapel in their new classroom. His wife corrected his pronunciation of my name and it got to be funny. As the people started milling about, Someone asked if we needed fabric. She also asked who was coming. I spoke to Kathy for awhile. Then I called Chris for a ride. As I was walking out, I met the man who leads the singing. I asked if he could throw in a hymn once in a while because I did not know the modern songs. He replied that he would send me a list of the songs so I could learn them at home. :[ Then I remembered the bag with the watch and deck of cards that his kids left at our house close to a month ago. I handed it to his son. Then I walked out just as Chris was driving up. He brought me home. He told me Faye had called. I made and ate breakfast. I checked the obscure Facebook message file for the message Linda said she sent. There I found other messages from people who were interested in quilting, but apparently Facebook was not interested in telling me. I put together another Swanson's order. I checked into Dong Quai. According to the reviews, it relieved night sweats, but promotes menstrual cycles. The great and the terrible. I did not order it. I looked into chatavari, but it had the same results. Next was DIM. It seemed a better option, but I have tried once before and it had an uncomfortable side effect. I looked into that and it was not mentioned as a side effect. I decided to take a nap, figuring that I would not be awakened by night sweats. I got in bed, and Chris joined me. I think he fell asleep, but I did not. After he got up, I tried reading a book. Sometimes that works. But it was an interesting story and sleep evaded me once again. Chris came in and I realized it was dark outside. He offered to heat up a bowl of soup for me. I read another page, then got up and went to the diningroom for a late supper. I finished my Swansons order by choosing not to order anything I don't already have. But I had to order items I don't need yet in order to qualify for free shipping. I wondered if it was really saving money to do so, since I seem to do it every week. Then I finished the task of entering new names for the QOV list. After running endlessly for hours, it hadn't saved so I canceled it and tried again. When that was done, we settled on the couch to watch “Shakespeare in Love”. Then Chris went to bed. I swallowed three capsules of magnesium and made chrysanthemum tea. I mixed vetiver with lavender and applied it to the back of my neck. Thus prepared, I went to bed.

No comments: